Saturday, May 16, 2009

The First Two Weeks With Baby Axel

The first two weeks have been quite an adventure. Axel and I have learned a lot, or should I say, Axel has taught me a lot. He has taught me the face that means...I am hungry, I am trying to go poop, I need to burp, and please hold me because I need some attention. He has the loudest passing of gas and stools I have ever heard. They can out sound Keith's 9 out of 10 times :) As good as Axel passes his stools, he is not so good at the burping thing which makes it difficult for him to lie down after meals so he gets to lie on mommy and daddy's stomach face down until he is able to burp, spit up or fall asleep. he loves it, but we are hoping the burping thing gets easier.

Things that Axel learned over the past two weeks.
1. How to lift up his head and easily turn it when lying on his stomach
2. How to turn onto each side
3. How to hold his Binkie with his hands

4. Where to find his next meal :)

5. His vocal cords. Axel now sighs "ohhhhh"











One eyed pirate....when I am hungry














oops! I went again!

My favorite sleeping position




Axel got to meet his first relatives this weekend. He met Auntie Shannon, her boyfriend Ryan and Grandma and Grandpa (Susan and Brian). He was such a great joy and was a very good boy. He showed off and had a great day eating every three hours and not really "fussing" at all. Boy, were they lucky to come yesterday and not today. Today Axel woke up with a raving hunger and a bit of extra fussiness which only allowed me to put him down for a total of 60 min all day!!!! I can't wait until he is fully transitioned out of the womb and does better on his own for longer periods of time :) We are very lucky though, because he is a great child who doesn't usually fuss unless he needs something. He is just so precious I can't stand the thought of him crying and being upset during his first two weeks of life :)I will try to write more next week. Grandma Susan is coming for a few days which will be nice to give me some relief and maybe a chance to get out on the bike for the first time in a couple of months....the trainer and walking is nice, but the beautiful 70 degree weather is calling my name. Even if it is only for an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment