Saturday, May 16, 2009

Axel's first Adventures

Axel and I have had an exciting past few days venturing out of the house on our own. On Sunday we met one of my girlfriends for tea. It was a funny sight with the two of us feeding our babies and changing poopy diapers infront of Peet's Coffee. Luckily, no one was offended and we only received warm smiles from those who past by.Monday was luckily a catch up on sleep and clean the house day so we laid low in the 94 degree weather and tried not to move too much. Our fans did a good enough job to keep the house from going above 85 degrees, but the sun beaming in through our very thin, huge windows didn't help keep us any cooler.Tuesday was the big day Keith and I have been waiting for. It was Axel's first Dr. appt. We couldn't wait to see how he was doing. We both thought it looked like he was growing by leeps and bounds and boy were we right. Axel grew an astounding 1 and 3/4 inches and 2 lbs!!! Axel was 20 and 3/4 inches and 8 and a half pounds!Here are a few pictures from his Dr. appt.

do I have to go?
all dressed and ready to go







showing off my 1 pack for the Dr.

Yeah!! I passed!!! Lets go eat mom!

Finally home...what a trip :)

Yesterday the big adventure was going to El Camino Hospital for low flow nipples and to the Bicycle Outfitter to pick up some parts that Keith had ordered before Axel's debut into this world. As usual Axel was a complete angel. He appears to have the same grand idea as our two pugs, showing off how good he is infront of others and saving his precious fussiness strictly for mommy and daddy. thank goodness for this. I wouldn't want it any other way :)This past week burping has definitely become easier, but eating seems to become more and more challenging. We often have to stop every 1-3 min to burp or pass gas. This equates to long feedings whether nursing or on the bottle. we are hoping to master this over the next week or so. All I have to say is I would not have survived and Axel wouldn't have gained so much weight if it wasn't for our breast bump. We are both very thankful for it, but are hoping to become less dependent on it :)

Below are a few more pictures from the past few days...

touchdown!

I know, I know the answer....even in my sleep

my big feet

mommy trying to figure out what was wrong before going for a walk with daddy and the boys (Louis and Touis)

Finally, mommy figured out I needed to burp :)

Until next time....Axel, Keith and I would like to request prayers for my grandfather who had a heart attack two days ago. We love and miss you Grandpa Burgess

No comments:

Post a Comment