Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sprinter or sinter....spring in winter or is it really summer in winter?

It has been unseasonably warm the past week or so. This weekend it felt down right hot in the direct sun with the temperatures cresting the high 70's. We have had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather, but at the same time I am so sad how bad our drought is. The stream behind our park is completely empty again! It was nice to see it partially start to fill up with the recent rain, but to have it empty 1 week later, is unbelievable to me! No rock throwing for us this winter!

We have been steadily busy with getting ready for Axel's birthday, getting ready for his 5 year photos, our first family photo, our dentist appointments and his 5 year wellness check. These are all of the events that are going to slowly tick away until we reach the end of the month and Axel's big day! As you can see from the picture below Axel continues to be full of personality. 

Since our last post he has been reading one book to us every night. He is getting better and better at sounding words out and he is starting to enjoy it more and more. He just finished drawing and writing a rhyme book today. I meant to snap a photo of it to post, but forgot. 

Axel had a dentist come to visit him at school on Friday. All of the kids received a new tooth brush, tooth paste, floss and a timer. Yes, a timer to make sure the kids are brushing the full 2 minutes that they are suppose to. I had no idea we are suppose to brush our teeth for 2 minutes at a time! Two minutes is sure a long time :)

Phoenix continues to amaze me with her fear less personality. She really does want to do everything Axel and other kids do. She is trying to go downstairs by herself without holding on.....scary for me.....I am a total wreck at the park!

She also tries to climb this wall and the ladder on the other side. She has the right concept, but not the caution and know how to keep her feet from slipping.
Besides climbing, jumping and running like the big kids she also wants to feed herself. Oh my! She is a mess. She wants to use a spoon by herself and often refuses to have help. She is extremely picky too. She eats very well, but wants a variety of foods. Her favorite foods are blueberries and black berries. She also loves lamb, beef and bread.....especially pancakes!
On Friday while Axel was at school Phoenix and I went on a Burley ride to the park.  Almost the entire time she wanted to swing. She had fun watching the other kids swing as well.
The only time I could get her off of the swing was when she saw this bike. She figured out how she could make it go. What a hoot!

I forgot to mention in the last post that Phoenix's 7th tooth broke through her gums on the 27th of February.

The really big news that has changed since the last post is Axel is sleeping through the night. He told me that he decided he wants to be a big boy and even if he wakes he won't bother daddy and I anymore. It has been 2 weeks straight! A pure miracle. Phoenix has slept through the night twice the past week as well. Those nights have been a bit rough on Keith and I because she is waking about 3 times during the night moaning and kind of crying. She puts herself back to sleep, but then I keep waiting for the crying to escalate or for her to wake again and need to drink. It is almost easier to feed her around midnight because then I know that I will get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep! Once Phoenix is sleeping the entire 12 hours like Axel, Keith and I will have to learn how to sleep through the night again too!

I leave you with this video of Phoenix and Axel. Phoenix loves to play hide and seek in her closet and she absolutely loves Axel. She loves when he chases her and scares her. They are so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment