On Thursday we went to our usual story time at the local library. Phoenix is in her cute outfit that Grandpa Paul sent for Valentine's Day. She looks like such a big girl here and no longer like a baby.
Axel is sporting his Bear's Shirt and they are both excited for story time to begin!
I thought this was such a cute picture of Phoenix feeding her baby. She is finally starting to understand most things that we say to her. She is also very much aware of her surroundings and is always trying to learn from them.
Rishaan came back from a three week trip to India. Axel was so excited to get to play with him. It had been over a month since the last time they played together.
The kids played for over three hours together like the close friends they are. Rishaan grew another 1-2 inches while he was away, no joke! Axel officially comes up to his shoulders!
Phoenix has come to like the sand after observing the older kids and how to play in it. She scoops the sand to fill the bucket and then pours it into the truck.....just like Axel's does :)
On Friday we had family pictures taken. I will do a quick post on those in a few days as soon as Keith puts all of the pictures in a folder for me. It was a bit stressful and not a very smooth experience, but in the end we have one good family photo and a couple of other photos that are good of Axel, Keith and Axel and one of Phoenix and I.
Keith and I have been very lucky to have our babysitter one day every weekend for the entire month of March. Today Keith took me up on a dirt trail on top of the mountain ridge that extends from one mountain top to another. It was above the fog and absolutely beautiful up there. In the background beyond the grass you can kind of see the layer of fog.
From the other side you can see the beautiful hills in the background. It was quite the ride for me and fun to spend so much time together this month!
When we got home from our ride it was birthday time! Rishaan's 5 year party was at the park across the street. He had a clown called silly Ricky again. He had the same clown at his 3 year party and he was just as enjoyable this time. Silly Ricky loved Axel. He wanted to tape Axel's laugh and make it his ring tone. Axel really enjoyed the show. Phoenix loved it too. She lost interest about half way through, but it is funny in the beginning how she wants to be like the rest of the big kids.
Axel volunteered to help Silly Ricky hold balloons along with 4 other kids. When they let go of the balloons, Axel had the best facial expression of them all!
Axel played hard for over three hours.Phoenix also played hard the entire time as well. I tried to catch a picture of the two of them, but I can't seem to get them both to smile. Atleast Axel looks as cute as ever!
Phoenix is so much fun! You can get an idea from the next two pictures at what a tease she is.
She absolutely loves to be outside and climbing! She radiates happiness and God's grace through her absolute joy of everything she does! I wish I could bottle it up because if I could I would never forget the true meaning of life.....to love! I remember this same contagious joy for life from Axel, but after only a few years of life it is already jaded from relationships and life's experiences. You can still see this love through Axel's eyes most of the time, but the heart ache of friendships and life is already a theme that we are having to deal with in preschool.
At any rate, we have had a blessed weekend and lots of fun time together. I hope to post a blog before the big birthday party this Saturday to sum up Axel at this point in his life. Check back soon! We are really excited for the next week of events!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment