Last Sunday night our friends Tyler and Cynthia came over for a "baby house tour" and dinner. They are expecting twin girls in a few months after trying for 7+ years. They wanted to figure out what things they really need to get and what they can live without. They also wanted to take a look at car seats, strollers and baby carriers. Since Phoenix was in bed Axel was a great sport at helping Tyler figure out what baby carrier he liked better. Axel does exceed the weight limit but luckily neither carrier broke during the demonstration.
This week has been really low key. I have been extremely lazy with taking pictures and having a great time just enjoying the kids. The weather has been so nice that we have been outside or at a park as much as we possibly can.
When we were indoors this week Axel and Phoenix played king and queen. Here is a picture of the first day of playing king and queen in Axel's self built castle.
Day two consisted of Axel dressing Phoenix in a cute tutu as well as the bow in her hair and other accessories pictured in these pictures.
The kids either get along great when Axel wants to share or one or both are crying as they both want to play with each others toys.Axel is quite amazing most of the time. He self regulates and often plays alone in his room if he wants to play with something that Phoenix will break or tear down. Or he is an amazing big brother and completely entertains her. He does a great job for the big age gap.
Axel has continued to sleep through the night and has been eating like a champ. We have really increased his fruit and vegetable intake and I have stopped allowing him to eat dinners different than what I make Keith and I.
Phoenix is an incredible eater and has really helped the eating situation for Axel. Phoenix can't get enough fruits and vegetables and likes most foods. Her skin initially improved with taking out the eggs, soy, continuing to avoid nuts and tomatoes, but has recently started to flare again. The bummer thing is I don't know what it could possibly be and am not sure where to begin. I will eventually figure it out or she will eventually grow out of this by age 2 or 3, whatever comes first :)
Phoenix has slept through the night 4 nights in the past two weeks, but still gets up most nights to drink. I know that she likely doesn't need the calories, but can't seem to handle the extended crying, especially when it escalates at around the 20 or 30 minute mark. I wish someone could give me the magic remedy to get her to sleep through the night the quickest and the least painful way for her. Some say go cold turkey and ignore the crying no matter how long. Others talk about decreasing the quantity of milk or slowly diluting the milk with water until they become uninterested in getting up for the water. I have tried all at one point, but not for more than a few days. Any suggestions moms out there?
I leave you with Axel's new obsession....Mickey Mouse. Here is a drawing of the secret club house. There is a lot more detail that he explained to Keith, that I couldn't hear, while I was cleaning up the kitchen.
Check back next week for a sneak peak of Axel's 5 year birthday photos and our first professional family photo! Just 2 more weeks until our little guy is 5 years old!
No comments:
Post a Comment