Sunday, March 30, 2014

Rain, Rainbows, Dentist and more!

Before I post our mega weekend of birthday celebrations I wanted to finish this post that I started earlier this week. It rained all day on Wednesday, although on our way home from work the rain stopped. This was the view that the kids and I saw when we turned onto our street. It was so beautiful the kids and I got out of the car to take some pictures. 

The picture taking then lead to Axel and Phoenix playing in the water.
Boy does Phoenix love the water!!!!
Can you see how happy she is. I have finally figured out the tongue comes out when she is really happy! You can guess we went straight into the bath after our fun outdoor play.
Axel and I had our bi-annual teeth cleaning. He did an amazing job. He went to the back by himself while I cared for Phoenix.
I was incredibly impressed with how grown up he has become. Usually he needs me to walk him back and be with him, but this time he didn't even bat an eye when the called him back and I was occupied with Phoenix. Go Axel!

Phoenix sat on me during my cleaning. She has been fighting a virus for over a week now and when she doesn't feel well she wants to be held. She did a great job of sitting quietly and watching them clean my teeth. Of course she warmed up when Axel was back getting his teeth cleaned. Both kids wanted to stay. It was a bit of a struggle to get them to leave. Good thing for them we are going back in 3 weeks so I can get one filling for my receding gums!
We play outside after Pheeny's nap almost every day that I am home Thursday through Sunday. This Thursday the kiddos wanted to take Louis for a walk. They did a great job walking him and then played in the park.


 This past month Axel has learned about the rain forest. Daddy wanted me to capture this picture of the rain forest that they created over the past month before they take it down tomorrow. Tomorrow they start learning about the desert. Daddy will be volunteering all day because it is Axel's birthday and he hasn't had a chance to see Axel in action at school.
 Yesterday Axel created the Mickey Mouse Club house with his play doh. He has become obsessed with Mickey Mouse over the past month by borrowing videos from the library.
 Phoenix has become more and more interested and figuring out how to walk in mommy shoes no matter what they are. She spent half and hour trying to walk in my cycling shoes yesterday.
Now time to download the birthday festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment