Saturday, October 10, 2009

Axel hard at work!

Hi all! Winter came overnight and as a result Axel is now wearing clothes that are for 6-9 months. they are a little big, but will have to do. The picture above was right before we left for work and school this past Monday morning. I believe the temperature was 49 degrees outside when we left.

According to Axel's daycare he was quite fussy on Monday and a little fussy on Tuesday and Wednesday. Well, the fussiness turned to a scream fest on Wednesday night. Axel took over an hour to put to sleep. Keith and I were hoping it was because of teething, but unfortunately, it was do to Axel catching another cold. You can see his runny nose in the picture below. We had a pretty sleepless night on Wednesday, but the past few nights Axel has been doing quite well. It is funny how proud I am of him being such a big boy and sleeping in his crib in his own room even when a cold. He has only been getting up 3-4 times a night. The humidifier and heater seem to really help. This weekend we are weather proofing his bedroom by adding the window insulators and lighting the pilot lights to our floor heaters. Lets pray his sleeping continues to get better despite our set backs.

I hadn't realized how big Axel was until looking at the picture below. I was amazed to see that he was almost as long as his play gym. Just for comparison I included a picture of him lying in his play gym at about 6.5 weeks old. Amazing....I can't remember him being so small. Axel has been hard at work making many new discoveries. Here he is playing with the strings on the slippers he inherited from his second cousins the Anderson's. I included a short video of him in action.

Axel also recently discovered that the flowers on his play gym light up. Axel can even help the birds fly from one side to the other. But his favorite thing to do is to shake his toys. Here he is shaking Mr. Giraffe. With all of the hard work Axel still finds time to have fun. Have a great week! Hopefully we will all be healthy the next time you check back in!

No comments:

Post a Comment