On Sunday one of the mom's on the baseball team came over and did a photo shoot of Rubix. She takes the pictures for the team and they have been great so when she offered to take pictures of Rubix I was more than happy to say yes. Here are several photos to enjoy.
I was fed on kinds of top allergic foods in the hospital. I had stopped dairy the day before out of suspicion. I was really sad when the doctor said that the safest thing was to go pick up the prescription formula, Neocate, that Phoenix started on when she was 4.5 months old. She thought because it was such a quick reaction it could be a more serious allergy and cause anaphylaxis if he was continually exposed. It typically takes 2 to 3 weeks to fully clear dairy and several days to clear other allergen foods. We picked up the Neocate and some new bottles and headed home. Luckily, he took both the awful tasting Neocate and the bottle really well. He had 4 bottles by 11pm that night and I could tell he was already doing much better because I was able to set him down for short periods of time.
He was hungry by midnight and I could not get myself to make him a bottle so I decided to nurse him. Luckily, in the morning he was looking better and he slept better than the previous two nights. We did the bottle thing during the day for 2 more days and now he is back to just nursing and is starting to sleep for 2 to 3 hour stents by himself! I feel so incredibly lucky that he is easy going enough to go from nursing to the bottle. Not all kids are like that...Praise the Lord!
In Axel news, he is starting to become more and more independent. He is learning how to cook. He is getting meals and snacks for himself as well. For example, after dinner last night (a burger, sweet potato fries and cucumbers) he was still hungry. I said you can go get yourself whatever you like because you ate so well. He came back with a bagel bar cut in half, toasted and buttered by himself! It might not sound like much, but I was extremely proud of him that he didn't ask for any help.
Axel received his report card on Friday and he continues to do well all around. The biggest improvement this year has been socially. We had quite a bit of social struggles in preschool and kindergarten. Although, this year started a little rough, he is finally adapting to more situations and learning to have more friends. Academically he continues to do well with his reading improving the most quickly. He needs to read between a 2.9 and a 3.6 (that is between 2nd and 3rd grade) reading levels in order to continue to challenge him. Now we are in the process of trying to find chapter books that he likes because he has gotten out of the habit of reading books that challenge him.
In Phoenix news, she is officially diaper free. She has had maybe one accident in the past 3 weeks. She made a decision that when baby comes she will no longer wear diapers and she has stuck to that. Knock on wood, she has been accident free since Rubix arrived!
We are looking forward to a three day weekend together and lots of Easter fun so please check back soon! We hope you enjoy these pictures as much as we do!
No comments:
Post a Comment