The past two weeks I have been busy with scrapbooking and appointments. At my 38 week appointment I was 2 cm and 50% effaced. I was 4 cm and much more effaced with Phoenix at 38 weeks. I am excited to find out how things are progressing on Tuesday during my next appointment. We are all getting excited and anxious to meet our new addition.
On Wednesday I took the Tuscan in for an oil change because it has been 6 months since we bought it. I can't believe we have already had the Tuscan for 6 months. It had to get software updates. Something was recalled and had to be updated. This technology thing is really amazing to me.
On Thursday Phoenix and I had some nice park time before going to story time. She is really becoming quite the character. She is beyond silly and quite clever. I love this picture!
On Friday we were excited to finally get some rain. After school and chess club instead of getting ready for baseball practice we went down to check out the stream. We were pleasantly surprised to see the stream already flowing with water since it had been bone dry the day before.
Axel had big news when I went to pick him up from chess club. He had finished the first book, the Egg book, and took the Snake test. He got promoted to a Snake and received the Snake book. He was very excited and Daddy and I were very proud. He has only been playing chess for a month and a half and really has very good understanding of the game. I have a lot to learn since I don't know chess at all. Both Daddy and Axel want me to go through the Egg book so that I can play with Axel. I just have to start and finish their 2015 scrapbook and then I promised them I would learn chess.
Last weekend it was beautiful out so I took the kids to Jack Fischer Park. We ran into one of his school mates, Toby, who just happened to be having his birthday party there. In one of those awkward moments his mom invited us to the party. We kindly said thank you. Axel played a bit with Toby before we had to head home for lunch and nap time, just about when the party got started. It was a fun impromtu play date.
Today was the big day we have been waiting for. It was opening day for little league. The only bummer was that it was raining out, with torrential rains and flooding expected for the afternoon and evening. They decided to still have opening ceremony because it was easier to have in the rain than reschedule. I thought this was a great picture of everyone with their umbrellas. A funny site for us Californians.
Phoenix was able to see her buddy Macey there since her older brother Matthew plays AAA ball.
Here are all of the teams from T-ball to Majors out on the field. If you look closely you can see Axel and Keith in the middle of the picture. We had over half the team missing because it was the last game of the winter basketball season that his teammates are on.
We had two special surprises during opening ceremonies. One was the Rolling Hills Middle School band played the National Anthem.
Second was the San Jose Giants mascot, Gigante, was there to celebrate and entertain during the morning festivities. Macey and Phoenix were a little scared to meet Gigante, but eventually did with a little help from us moms. I hope that Macey's mom will send me the photos soon.
The games were all cancelled for the day because of the heavy downpours, but they still had their team and individual pictures taken.
Axel has been quite sick with a cold all week that climaxed today after standing out in the rain for an hour this morning. Hopefully he will be 100% soon. I have been dealing with a mild cold or allergies all week as well. Hopefully the next time I post it will be all about baby brother! 1 week to go!!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment