Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Easter....He is Risen!


Easter morning the kids woke at 7:10 am. It was really nice to sleep in a little bit. They were both dressed and ready to start the day. "It is time to wake up, " they both repeated over and over. Somehow I was able to get them to wait for me to get up before they dove into their Easter baskets.


They both received bubbles, modelling clay and 2 small chocolate bars. Phoenix also received an egg chalk that Axel was given a year or two ago. She didn't put it away with the other chalk so I stored it back up in the attic and plan on giving it to Axel or Rubix next year and see how long I can keep the chalk egg appearing in one of their Easter baskets :)


Daddy made breakfast while I hid the eggs we colored the day before. Here they are after breakfast ready to start their indoor egg hunt. They were both pointing to an egg that they saw. 

 Here is a cute picture of the two after our indoor egg hunt was complete.

Daddy's picture of the kids and their eggs before putting them back in the refrigerator. We planned on having Easter devilled eggs later with our ham dinner. 


We had our annual out door egg hunt in the park. This year most of the people we invited were busy so it was just Tyler and his twins, Zoe and Jade, with our kiddos. 


Despite the low attendance and the fact that the twins lost interest after about 5 minutes, Axel and Phoenix had a great time finding the 85 eggs that I hid. This was our longest egg hunt, by far, and took well over 30 minutes.

 Axel being creative.



We had a great day together and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We our now gearing up for Axel's 7th birthday and party. I have portraits of him and the family that we took on Good Friday that I will post next time (Daddy still has to download the rest of the photos. He only downloaded a few that he posted on facebook, although I like the other ones better).

No comments:

Post a Comment