Saturday, March 26, 2016

Rubix 2 week appointment and pre Easter fun

On Thursday, Axel had a baseball game. Daddy and Axel were excited for Rubix to go and be apart of the fun. They even picked out the proper outfit for him to wear. I obliged and made sure to put it on him before heading over to the game. 
 Here is a great action shot of Axel fielding the ball and trying to make the out at second base.
 Almost Axel!
 Here is a cute shot of the two after the game.
 Yesterday, Rubix had his 2 week check up at 10 days old because our pediatrician will be out of the office until April 4th. Rubix is doing absolutely awesome now that I have completely changed my diet. He measured 20 1/4 inches tall. That is 1/2 an inch in 9 days! Unbelievable! Rubix weighed 8 lbs 8 oz which is almost a pound up from the 7 lbs 9.5 oz that he weighed the last time we were at the doctor's office just 2.5 days after birth. I am extremely impressed at his growth rate because Axel and Phoenix have not historically grown like that.

Rubix has been able to sleep in the bassinet almost 2 nights completely by himself! I say almost 2 nights because I was too tired to put him back this morning after he ate at 5:30am. It looks like he will be getting up just 2 times per night around 12:30am and 4am between the hours of 9:30pm and 6 ish am. That is fantastic for not even 2 weeks old. I am very hopeful that we will be able to set a normal sleep/wake cycle over the next couple of weeks. As most of you know I am not good with unpredictable and the sooner I can get him into a routine the better for me and the rest of the family!

Yesterday Daddy and I really wanted to take the family to the Good Friday service, but decided it wasn't the best thing for little Rubix. Instead we celebrated our Lord with a picnic in the park and gave thanks to Jesus for his sacrifice.
My sweet boy wanted to hold his little brother. Axel just can't get enough of Rubix and how "adorable" he is. I just love it!

 Daddy and baby Rubix.

 Today Axel had another baseball game. Today's big news was that he finally switch hit during the game. Here he is up to bat....
 and here he is with the line drive up the 1st base line!
 This was one of his best hits so far this season. Daddy and I were super proud of him.
 When we got home from the game we decided to color eggs. The kids had a great time dipping, painting and decorating their eggs. We only had one casualty but Phoenix quickly learned not to drop her eggs!

Daddy and Axel are at a musical, Singing in the Rain, that our babysitter, Monica is in. Phoenix and Rubix are napping at the same time for the second day in a row! That means time for me to get things done. Yeah for me!

We are looking forward to a fun Easter Egg hunt in doors and in the park tomorrow as well as Axel's birthday party next Saturday and our little family get together next Sunday once the Jolleys return from Iceland. Check back soon for more Szolusha fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment