Friday, October 10, 2014

The Eye Doctor, Decorating for Halloween and the 1st Trip to the Pumpkin Patch this year

Axel failed his eye exam at school so we had to go to the optometrist to get his eyes checked. He has astigmatism in both eyes. Keith and I have an astigmatism in one eye each. The optometrist essentially said that he could get glasses if he wants, but that his 20/40 vision in both eyes should be good enough to see. 

We received eye drops to start putting in his eyes because his eyes run a little dryer than they should which causes his eyes to look red quite often. 
Axel continues to mature and has become more and more charming with Phoenix. He is more often helping her rather than hurting her, although he still has his moments. :)
Last weekend, Axel came home from school and asked to start decorating the house for Halloween. 
I happened to be thinking along the same lines so I had already gotten the decorations down from the attic while he was at school. 
He worked really hard at making the house look festive. He even made a piece of cheese for the rats that we put up. He also made this new creation below. Here two bats are hanging from a long branch. 
The only difference between this year and last year is that he did the decorating by himself. He really didn't ask for my help or input, unless he couldn't reach something. 
When I got down the decorations I also got down costumes. The kids of course had to try them on. I think they are the cutest lion and Dalmatian I have ever seen!
We have several birthday parties coming up. While we were shopping for gifts we picked up a few crafts. 
Here is the finished product of one of them. Axel is extremely impressive at how he is able to read the instructions (or figure them out by looking at pictures) without any help. 
I picked up Phoenix like this on Wednesday. I couldn't believe how cute she looks with pigtails. What is even scarier is that I feel like I am looking at myself when I was her age. I am very tempted to go up in the attic and get my baby pictures so that I can do a side by side comparison. 
Yesterday after school we headed to the pumpkin patch with my friend Andie and her three kids. .  
While we waited for them we checked out the adorable rabbits
 Axel climbed the hay stack and yelled king of the mountain!
 They then pretended to ride the fake pony and then low and behold Andie, Sophie, Simon and Ethan arrived.

Axel and Phoenix enjoyed painting pumpkins with Sophie.  
 They then played in the hay stack house/maze together while Andie and I caught up.

The kids had a blast and can't wait to go again. Next weekend we have three birthday parties. One of them is at Lemos farm. It is going to be a great exhausting weekend. This weekend is Auntie Shannon's big move back to the bay area. Hopefully we will see them. We are meeting Grandma Susan and Grandpa Brian in Walnut Creek, Auntie's new home town, for dinner, because it is the half way point. They are bringing us our freshly slayed lamb. We can't wait to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment