Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pumpkin Walk and Surprise Visit from Grandpa Bruce!

Last Thursday I spent about 5 hours in the kitchen. A couple of those hours were baking delicious muffins and cookies for the pumpkin walk, which is one of Axel's school's biggest fund raisers. It was a labor of love, but I am glad to was able to contribute since I wasn't able to give my time elsewhere. 

Axel and Phoenix had a fun time being silly after we picked up Axel from school. So cute!
On Friday, Grandpa Bruce stopped by on his way to San Luis Obispo for Great Grandpa Burgess's 80th birthday celebration! We were sorry to miss the celebration, but glad we got to see Grandpa Bruce. Grandpa arrived in time to walk to Axel's school and pick him up from school. When we got home Axel wanted to start a Halloween project. While Axel and Grandpa were making the Halloween Monster project I spied this lizard on our screen door. I was amazed at how still and patient this little guy was before he finally scurried off after we tried to touch it.
Once our Halloween Monster was complete we headed to the park for some fun play time. Grandpa is showing his skills by multi- tasking with Axel and Phoenix. Hi Five for Axel and a push for Phoenix :)
Phoenix was enjoying the swings as usual.
Grandpa ran around the park and even jumped off rocks with Axel. Not to bad for a Grandpa!:)
Here is a great picture of the three of them!
On Saturday the four of us enjoyed four hours of fun at the Pumpkin walk!

The kids played games, jumped and slide in the bounce houses.
It was quite an exhausting day of fun.
It is hard to say which of the two enjoyed the bounce houses more :)
Daddy took Phoenix to get "face paintings" while I took Axel to play games.
One painting was I love daddy.
Another was a rainbow with Pheeny's name.
Axel loved Phoenix's face paintings so he got a super hero mask.
After the long day of fun Keith and I then had a long night of fun at his annual company party. This is typically our only night out all year. It never fails us to be a great night of fun with great food!
Grandpa surprised us with another day of fun. He hung out with us all day on Sunday and even managed to walk Axel to school on Monday morning. It was such a nice visit and we were so glad to see him. We did miss seeing Grandma Sonia, but understand she needed to heal her cold and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment