Thursday, August 28, 2014

Circus Fun

It was a little weird being home last Thursday with just Phoenix. I forgot what it was like to have just one child. The house was calm and quite. There was no crying. It was nice, but lonely at the same time. I capture a funny picture of Phoenix playing in the pinball room. She misses her brother, but at the same time I think she really like being able to do whatever she wants!
On Friday Axel came home with his first project that he did at school. He was really excited to show me his calendar. I thought he did a great job. He is excited to know what day it is and has asked several times to look at the calendar to figure out what day it is. 

Friday night we headed back to the school with all of the neighborhood kids. It was fun to walk in a big clan. it was even more fun to play on the play structure with hundreds of kids from school!

It was fun chaos. Axel had a great time!
On Saturday we went to the circus with Axel's buddies Axel and Connor. Annika also joined us. Here is Phoenix sitting next to Annika before the show started. 
Axel was down on the floor meeting Ella the elephant and watching other fun acts before the main show started. We arrived one hour early hoping to see the animals, but apparently you have to come even earlier to meet the animals. 
Phoenix and Axel absolutely loved watching all of the different acts and seeing the animals. The only act that Phoenix did not want to see was the lions and tigers. We had to step out for a short bit. 
I think the entire family loved the elephants. 
They were beautiful, happy, stunning creatures. They almost appeared to be dancing to the music when they walked and they all looked like they were smiling the entire time. The elephants at the zoo were nothing like these Asian elephants!
 The boys during intermission!
This last picture was funny. I wanted to include this because it is not every day that one gets to see Pegasus and a unicorn. They also has a woolly mammoth make a quick appearance, which was fun for the kids to see :) 

Last night I was able to attend back to school night. I was really impressed with Axel's art work/projects around the room. His coloring skills have improved so much the past few months. 
Here is a great picture he drew of his teacher. I was extremely impressed with this because he had come home and complained that he didn't like how he drew faces and this was much improved over his stick figures last year. 

And I leave you with my favorite artwork of Axel himself holding hands with his new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment