It is hard to believe that summer break is over. The past 5 weeks have been tough with all of the illnesses going through the house. Luckily, we had our last encounter with this last week. Phoenix is FINALLY back to herself after 5 long weeks. I hate to even tell of what the final illness was, but I do want the kids to know all about their childhood. And Phoenix has been so incredibly hard to parent over the past 5 weeks because I could hardly put her down. I am sad, but glad to say the reason was she came down with pin worms. Apparently it is very common in children. It was the most disgusting thing thus far as parents that we had to deal with, but the worst of it should be past us. We all took the medication (just in case) and I washed everything possible that I could and sterilized the house to the best of my ability. We also told all the appropriate people that needed to know and finally Phoenix is back to her old self. And with Phoenix's health came mommy's health.
Here is a cute picture of the two munchkins a couple of weeks ago on Axel's bed.
Axel received his free book and certificate for finishing the summer reading program at the library. He and I read 76 books this summer. Forty six of those books were the first 46 books of the magic tree house series. The other books were books that he read to me.
Keith and I were able to go out to dinner on Friday for our 6 year Anniversary. I forgot to have Grandma take a picture of us so this selfie will have to do.
We enjoyed a nice sushi dinner in downtown Saratoga. It was all quite delicious except a plum sushi roll that we decided to try. As you can see from Keith's jokey face it was quite a task for him to eat it. I told him I couldn't possibly eat more than one piece because it was so bad. He manned up and decided to put a ton of ginger and wasabi on it as to not waste any of our sushi dinner.
Axel is always wanting to do art projects and science experiments. The desired spiked again after taking the Mad Science space camp at the beginning of August. Here Axel is putting food coloring in gelatin molds that we made together.Oh, how he loves this!
I know last time I promised to post a video of Axel swimming. I did capture a few videos, but for time sake I decided to post a few pictures, since you can still see how well he has learned this new skill. Here is Axel and Connor on the last day of swim before their lesson started.
And here is the little guy swimming!
I believe they call what he is doing "pop ups". He swims with his head in the water and then pops up for air. The most he has done is 5 pop ups.
He also learned peanut butter and jelly where he flips from his back to his stomach multiple times. Keith and I are so proud of him!
With the new comes saying good bye to some of the old comforts. It didn't really hit me until last Wednesday, when I realized that Axel is mostly done with daycare. Here he is saying goodbye to Angela. Angela has watched him since we moved here when he was 15 months old. Exactly 4 years later, he is saying goodbye. He may still have to go to Angelas a few days throughout the year, but this chapter in his life has essentially come to an end.
One of those birthday cards was for baby Braylin's 1 year birthday! Axel, Phoenix and I were able to attend her birthday party this past Sunday. She is absolutely the cutest thing. She has such a wonderful personality now and her and Phoenix almost look like sisters! Just like Auntie Shannon and I use to get the same hair cut even though we lived thousands of miles away, our little ones dressed the same. I think Shannon picked out Braylin's outfit, but Phoenix insisted on wearing her pink tutu and literally tore off the dress I had her in. And so it starts with the next generation!
Here are the three cousins with Kaylee, my cousin Carrie's daughter.
And here are GG's (great grandma Goldstein's) six great grand children, with her in the background :)
When we got home from Braylin's birthday party it was all about getting ready for this big day on Monday. Axel made this cute little creature and decided he should give it to his teacher. It says Ms. Tolbert's Class Pet and he hung a dog leash/tag on it so the class could name the pet. Unfortunately, the first week of school is very overwhelming for the teachers and besides a thank you the class pet has not been mentioned again and still does not have a name. I will take note of this and if Axel or Phoenix wants to do something like this in the future I will have the wait until the school year is under way.
Here is Axel on Sunday night trying out his new back pack!
And the big boy getting out of the car!
Axel in front of the Marshall Lane Sign.
Axel and Rishaan in front of Campbell Care, where he goes before and after school Monday through Wednesday.
Axel in front of his classroom door that opens up to the playground.
And last a picture in front of his classroom door where he enters and exits each day.
Axel is absolutely loving school. He is especially excited that I drop him off and pick him up today and tomorrow. I am excited to also be able to be more apart of his school life on Thursdays and Fridays. I am looking forward to when I can volunteer. Right now Ms. Tolbert has two student teachers so as soon as they are done, the parents can get more involved. Tomorrow is the all school picnic, Saturday is the circus and next Wednesday is Back to school night for the parents. So check back for more Szolusha fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment