As I mentioned in the last post, we have all been sick. Luckily the kids bounced back quickly, but Keith and I have been struggling to fully recover. I actually came down with an entire new virus. Luckily, with illness comes more family time. To cool off from the hot summer weather we went out for ice cream. Axel decided he wanted to try superman ice cream. It took super powers for him to finish, but he managed to enjoy every last bit of it.
Phoenix and I shared a vanilla soft serve. As you can see, she thoroughly enjoyed it as well.When we got home we decided to make some home made pizza.
Phoenix was a champ and dug right into her piece. This is the first time that I remember her eating pizza like the grown ups!
Axel has continued his swim lessons and although there was a bit of a rough patch after he was sick he is back to loving it again.
For the past couple of weeks he has been swimming independently with the noodle.
However, from what I heard yesterday, Axel is officially swimming! He jumped into the pool and then turned around and swam to the island by himself! I can't wait to take a video of it on Thursday when I take him. Lisa shared the good news with me as she has been taking Axel and her son Connor on the days I work.
Axel was in a Mad Science camp last week and loved every minute of it. He came home with a rocket, a bouncy ball comet, a lab coat and several other cool experiments and projects that he made. On Thursday after dropping Axel off at camp, Phoenix and I headed to a cool new park in Sunnyvale. It is called Seven Seas Park. We met Tiffany and her younger daughter Charlotte there.
She had a great time on the swings, in the water and climbing and exploring on their play structures.
In other news, about a week ago, Phoenix decided she wanted to start wearing daddy's socks. I caught her walking through the house like this. I couldn't help but laugh.
And here she is the next morning with a different pair of daddy socks.
And here she is this weekend with mommy socks on. After falling and slipping the night before in these vary socks I convinced her to make sure she put her shoes over the socks to prevent falling again. It is so nerve racking that Phoenix doesn't have the same caution and awareness of her surroundings that Axel had. She is constantly slipping on paper, pj's, socks, etc and hitting her head. I do remember Axel going through the head hitting stage, but I thought he outgrew it by the time he was Pheeny's age.
On Sunday we decided Phoenix was ready to learn how to ride the bike since she is tall enough now. We taped her feet to the pedals.Initially it looked like she was going to get it. Unfortunately, she has gotten so use to cruising and not having to work to ride the bike that she has no interest in pedaling. It was fun to see her pedal with me pushing her feet around, but I guess she is another month or two out from really riding the bike.
Sunday morning play time.
We are looking forward to Grandma Susan coming for a short visit. Axel can't wait to show Grandma and I how he swims. I am praying for a miracle that Keith and I feel well enough to enjoy some time together as we celebrate our wedding anniversary on Friday. We are also gearing up for school as Axel has his kindergarten assessment on Monday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment