Monday, March 25, 2013

Axel's 4 year photos

As I mentioned, Axel had his photos taken a week and a half ago. I wanted to share some of his photos to give those of you who requested one a sneak peak!

 This is the monster truck that Axel and daddy made at Lowe's. I thought it might be cute to have one or two different "toys" from home in the photos so he can see what he was interested in at the time. When he picked out the truck I thought it was perfect.....besides it matched the shirt I picked out :)

 I actually didn't order any photos of Axel in his red shirt. They just weren't as cute because he was laughing so hard. Although, I do think this is a cute picture.
 I ordered 4, 3 x 5's of this photo because I figured it would be the last time to capture bunny. Bunny has been such a big part of his life, I thought another picture to remember his importance to Axel wouldn't hurt. Good thing because bunny disappeared shortly after the photo shoot. I believe he is lost somewhere in the house. I do hope to find him so I can put him away again for Axel to have as a keep sake. This transition wasn't as hard as it was the first time bunny was "lost". Since he has learned to sleep without him once, it was much easier to learn to sleep without him again.
 Axel appears to be growing by leaps and bounds. We are looking forward to his 4 year check up in order to see how much more he has actually grown. The three things I notice the most are his face, hands and feet. They are all so much bigger than they were just a few months ago!
Axel has been using the special lotion that Grandpa Bruce has been using, for years for his dry skin, for over a week now. We think it is helping because Axel does seem to be sleeping better. He still asks for lotion within an hour of going to bed (after we have already applied it multiple times in the hours before bed), but once he is in a deep sleep he is not waking until 7 am in the morning. Typically, Axel has been waking once or twice a night between 11pm and 5am screaming for lotion. Besides the amlactin cream we have been much more diligent about applying aquaphor a minimum of 4 times per day, even on the days he goes to daycare. We think both of these, along with taking long baths is helping.

Axel really wants to learn how to read. He has taken a huge interest in knowing what it takes to read. Because of this he loves to play school where he is the teacher. Luckily, the teacher likes to learn as much as he likes to teach. Letter recognition, both lower and upper case, along with what letter makes what sounds are what he loves working on most. One way we work on it, is with flash cards that I purchased that asks what letter words begin with, end with and rhyme with. Otherwise, we typically use the dry erase board where he can practice writing the letters as well.

 The other big update about Axel is he is eating like a champ. I no longer make him a separate meal. He is eating the food I cook 100% of the time, rather than 60% of the time. He is also eating a vegetable every night. He has finally learned boys who eat and sleep well get to do lots of fun things and get yummy treats. Lets hope the trend continues!

 Axel found the bows that daddy bought for Phoenix's hair, on her bookshelf. Here is a cute picture of Phoenix with one on. Axel says she needs to wear one all of the time now so that people know she is a girl. Soooo cute!
This last picture is for Great Grandma Burgess. When she was over she asked about my succulent plants. I think the question was, do they bloom or flower? Well here is the answer....yes, some of them do :)
Have a good week and check back soon for Axel's birthday and Easter fun!

1 comment:

  1. Such great pictures! I can't believe Axel is almost 4! And Phoenix looks so beautiful. Hope we get to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete