Sunday, March 3, 2013

Axel loves Phoenix, Phoenix loves Axel

Welcome to story time. Axel is reading Louis, Phoenix and I several books as Phoenix is eating. He is such a  good big brother. This was the beginning of my two days alone with Axel and Phoenix. I couldn't have asked for a smoother and easier time. 

Phoenix is such a good sleeper and is already making a routine for herself. She typically is awake for an hour or so and then sleeps an hour or so and then gets up to nurse. Repeat this several times over makes for a happy Axel as he gets lots of alone play time throughout the day. With Phoenix sleeping longer and longer stretches at night mommy is also very happy and able to function a little more at full capacity. Last night Phoenix slept 6 hours and then 3 hours straight. That equates to mommy sleeping 5 hours and 2 hours. I would like to say that I was able to sleep straight, but Axel has been waking up several times at night again. We can't figure out if it is his itchy skin keeping him up or being scared. We hope to start special lotion soon, to help with his itchy skin, so hopefully his skin will be less of an issue. 

As I have digressed, Phoenix is absolutely charming. She is a happy, relaxed baby and has taken quite a liking to Axel's familiar face. She has a huge smile here as Axel plays with her. It appears that as long as her belly doesn't hurt she rarely cries and/or fusses. She can entertain herself, put herself to sleep, or interact happily with others. Keith and I feel extremely blessed to have such an "easy" baby the second time around. Keith loves the fact that she doesn't cry endlessly, like Axel did, when he is alone with her. As long as I stay away from dairy and soy she is a happy camper. She even takes the bottle well now. She has had three without any issues. Yeah for us!

 
Part of Phoenix's night time routine includes a bath. She seems to really enjoy the water. I am curious to see if she will continue to enjoy it as she grows into the swimming years. 

 Phoenix has also discovered her cute self. Here is one of the few times she is talking to herself.

I had to take a picture of Axel in his new shirt from 'lil Grammy. He loves it and was quite proud of it. 

 On Thursday morning after story time Axel had a play date with Sadie. They played extremely well together.

It was fun to see them laughing together almost the entire hour and a half. After quite time on Thursday Axel had another play date with Mason. I wanted to make sure he had fun the first day being alone with Phoenix and I. Friday which just as smoothly, despite not having any official play dates. Axel still plays with Rishaan and Max almost every night in the park so he burns lots of energy before bed.  
It is hard to believe it is already March. The weeks and days are flying by. 

I want to leave you with the monster truck video links and a picture of the boys I promised. Axel had a blast on his Daddy date at the monster truck show in Oakland last Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment