Friday, March 22, 2013

Phoenix is 2 months old!

Last Friday we had Phoenix's 2 month check up, although she didn't officially turn 2 months until yesterday. At her appointment, she weighed in at 10 lbs 1oz, which put her in the 28th percentile. She was 22 and 3/4 inches long which kept her in the 70th percentile. We are going to do another weight check on April 4th, during Axel's 4 year check up to make sure that she doesn't continue to lose weight (since she dropped from the 60th percentile to the 28th) Unfortunately, if she does continue to lose weight, the doctors are highly recommending to put her on formula. 
 For the most part Phoenix has done great on my restricted diet. I went off the deep end though and made pumpkin curry soup, which has garlic and tomatoes in it. I really wanted something tasty and wholesome. Unfortunately, because of this splurge, Phoenix has had vomiting for 2 days and has been much more fussy. Good thing is I know now I absolutely need to avoid those two foods in addition to dairy, soy, corn, nuts, eggs, seafood, caffeine, and chocolate. Once she is doing better for a few days I am going to eat wheat and see how she does with it. If she can handle wheat I will be in heaven, although, I have almost mastered non wheat/corn/dairy/egg bread.
As you can see from the pictures, Phoenix has received so many cute outfits. Pictured below is Phoenix in the outfit Great Grandma Burgess bought for her. I promised to post it as soon as we took it. Unfortunately, the lighting wasn't very good because I took the picture first thing in the morning, before the outfit was covered in spit up :)
Phoenix is getting stronger and more alert. We have been making sure to do tummy time multiple times per day. 
Big brother loves to do whatever baby sister is doing. I love this picture of them doing tummy time together.
Oh, Phoenix also continues to be a good sleeper. The past two nights she has done a 7 and 6 hour stretch of sleep!

 Last Thursday, Axel took his 4 year pictures in the morning and then had a play date with Sadie in the afternoon. Axel was such a champ at his photos. The photographer couldn't believe at how well Axel cooperated. The kid before him took almost an hour because he wasn't cooperating and kept saying "no". So having Axel, right after him, was a treat :) Because Axel was especially good I promised him a reward. He found chocolate pudding in the cupboard that we had bought over a year ago for a special occasion like this. Pictured below is Sadie and Axel enjoying the yummy chocolate pudding.

 Last Sunday was Rishaan's birthday party. We were up early enjoying oat/rice pancakes that daddy made. I had Phoenix dressed and ready to go while I went for a quick bike ride. Before I left I was able to capture this cute photo of my three favorite people.
 Rishaan's birthday party was a blast for Axel. He had a great time playing with Max and Rishaan. Although, the cake didn't come until almost 3pm with all of the kids tired from missing their naps, it was still the hit of the party.
 Here Rishaan is trying to figure out if the cake is also under the table :)
 Here Max and Axel are scarfing their tasty cake.
 Right before we left both of the new girls on the block were awake. Here is Nishka, Rishaan's sister, and little Phoenix, who was on her second outfit of the day.
 Now lets fast forward to this week. This Wednesday I was able to visit my best high school girlfriend, Tiffany and her new daughter, Charlotte. Here are the two little ones looking super cute. We had a great time visiting and catching up. Tiffany even spoiled me with a home cooked lunch of sweet potatoes and chicken for driving the 40 minutes to see her. Oh, for those of you wondering, Nishka is 8 days older than Phoenix and Charlotte is 10 days younger than Phoenix.
 On Thursday, yesterday, Curious George, came to visit our library. Instead of the normal story time of books and songs, we took a picture with Curious George and did a project. Axel and I were both bummed it wasn't a real monkey, but he was still happy we went to see him.
 This morning was our biannual visit to the dentist. This was the first time Axel sat alone in the chair. He asked to watch the Little Mermaid, after reading the book at home. He was completely mesmerized.
 They had to put shades on him because the light was too bright in his eyes. I had never seen the shades before and got a real kick at him watching the movie with the shades on. He didn't like Ursula or the scary scene of her at the end, but all in all he decided it was a good movie. I was able to get through my cleaning only because the receptionist, Alisha, held Phoenix the entire time. I felt really bad, but she offered to help and I thought it was better to have her holding Phoenix, not working, than a child screaming for 40 minutes. Alisha, was very cute afterwards and said that Phoenix wouldn't let her sit down. After a few more spit ups she was finally able to fall asleep in her arms. Good thing we have an awesome family dentist. Next time hopefully, Phoenix won't be in pain from something mommy ate :)
Check back soon for Axel's 4 year photos. I hope to have them posted by the end of the weekend because next weekend's post will be about his party and Easter when he actually turns 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment