Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rough Times.....


Axel turned 8 months on Monday and with it came the worst cold yet. Axel has been miserable all week, but is slowly getting better. The poor guy woke up with a cold in the middle of the night on Sunday. He has been sick all week. On Tuesday he developed a nose bleed from his skin being so dry and irritated with the congestion and constant runny nose. As you can imagine the Szolushas are pretty sleep deprived. Keith and I have been trying to fight off the virus ourselves. We both have had a few close calls of getting sick, but it looks likes Keith lost in the battle and is now officially suffering from a full blown cold. Keith stayed home with Axel on Monday because he was feeling sick himself. We thought the rest would prevent him from contracting the full blown cold, but unfortunately it just held it off for a few days.


Axel has stopped napping since Thanksgiving and his cold. He somehow forgot how to put himself to sleep and during the day doesn't even want my help. He rather just toss and turn in his crib and cry off and on for 30 minutes. He is crying now which just breaks my heart. I try to rock him and sooth him but he is so miserable he really doesn't want the help. I am hoping his congestion clears up more so that his sleeping habits are back to normal by the time Monday rolls around.

Axel is becoming more and more aware of all of the little things around him. When I am feeding him or when he is on the dog couch he will stop to pick up dropped crumbs/food or fuzz from the dog blanket. I find it amusing to see him analyze the texture and shape of the little objects in his hands.

Yesterday, Axel met Santa Claus. He was a little out of it because of his cold. You can see from this picture below that he looks a little dazed and confused.

Here he is before Santa all bundled up!


Axel's expression with Santa Claus, shows perfectly how I feel right now. My first grandparent passed away early Tuesday morning. It is so hard to put into words how I feel. I have had to deal with a lot more deaths in the past three years than I have my entire life. Each death brings me closer and closer to our good Lord. It makes me want to hold onto life with a bigger grip, but then again I realize no matter how hard I grip, it will never be strong enough. The Lord has his own plan that I have to trust and be willing to follow. The only thing that I can control is how I feel and how I live each day. I want to live each day to the fullest and love the people I love with more vigor and learn to always remember not to sweat the small stuff. Hopefully, I will continue to grow and learn how to always treat the people I love well, with kind words and actions. I know I can't be perfect, but why waste life stressing and getting mad over nonsense? Those of you who know me well, know that I am talking about the stress I portray when the house isn't clean, or the dogs pee inside the house, or Keith comes home late from work without calling me so I worry that he got hurt. May you all pray for my Grandma as she learns to live her new life alone for the first time in 59 years. And may my Grandpa rest in peace.


God Bless You!

1 comment:

  1. Bri, I'm sorry about your Grandpa. I know how difficult it is to go through that and how it certainly does put life into perspective. Keep faith in the strength and love of your family and just enjoy every single minute. I hope Axel's cold goes away very soon and hopefully the three of you all feel better ASAP! Hugs from LA.

    ReplyDelete