Friday, December 11, 2009

?

Good morning! The Szolushas are alive and well.


We are glad that the week is nearly over as we all recover from being sick. It has been a long two weeks since Thanksgiving with the entire household being under the weather. After doing a web search and talking with Axel's Dr. it looks like Axel was suffering from the 5th disease, or slapped cheek disease. His red cheeks are gone and the rash on his body is almost 100% gone as well. The slapped cheek disease dries the skin out so Axel has had a very uncomfortable two weeks considering his already dry skin from his icthyosis. If you look closely at the pictures you will see all of his scars on his head from scratching himself.

Are happy and smiley baby has returned and his new favorite thing to do is watch the dogs play fetch. He laughs up a storm watching them bring the ball or foot to me, but he finds it more hilarious when I struggle to grab the ball or foot from the dogs to throw it again. For those of you who know Louis the best part about playing catch is the tug of war game in between throws.

Axel is still not crawling, but does loves to scoot backwards and spin himself around on his belly. He occasionally scoots forward and attempts to crawl. The only thing to entice him is my cell phone or a doggy toy. He much rather fuss until I help him up to the standing position and then he gets really excited and starts dancing and jumping in place. He loves to walk with me holding onto him and he loves to play sit to stand. I got tired just watching him yesterday, as I am not feeling so hot myself. He must have sat and stood 100 times before getting tired himself.

I have officially become a "bad" mommy as I now no longer care if he plays or sucks on the doggy toys. I rather him have fun and be happy. Here he is sucking on the doggy bowl and playing with Touis' doggy bone. The red bone weights at least a pound and Axel has no problem lifting and banging it against the ground. His strength amazes me!





Yesterday I decided to let Axel try crackers. He had so much fun feeding himself. Here are a few pictures of him in action.





I know this is short, but we didn't get a lot of pictures with all of us being a bit cranky :) We have a long weekend of rain ahead of us so hopefully with both daddy and mommy home we will have some good photo opportunities!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and stays warm and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment