
Since our last post Axel has officially become a big boy as he is now in a big boy car seat. He had out grown his old car seat over a month or two ago, but it wasn't until this past Thursday that we finally went to Lucile Packard Children's Hospital for the car seat installation. They provide an amazing service of helping us busy parents to install new car seats properly.

His new car seat installation was much more complicated then his previous car seat so I am glad we went. The only sad thing about Axel being in a grown up car seat is that the convenience of carrying him in and out of the car without unbuckling him is gone. Today for the first time coming home from day care he woke when I got him out of the car instead of taking a longer nap. He also didn't seem as comfortable sleeping because he is more upright, or so it seems. With the above pictures it looks like Axel really is a big boy, but here is a picture of him from the back of the car. From this view his car seat looks like an over sized king's throne :) Yes, I know my car is dirty. Washing it is on the to do list!

Last week the huge batch of Kringlas that Grandma Sonia made arrived. Axel, Keith and I have all enjoyed eating them. I believe we have easily consumed a third of them already :) You can see Axel is concentrating hard at figuring out how to get it in his mouth.

Daddy also had Axel try some persimmon, but I don't think he liked it nearly as much as the Kringlas.

Can you see how Axel's hair is coming in nicely from the above picture? We are soooooo excited to see what our boy looks like with a full head of hair. Just a few more months!!!! Keith and I think it is kind of ironic that Axel's hair is where most men's bald spots would be. :) Axel has also been scooting much more lately as well as walking with me holding onto him and going from sit to stand. The only one I was able to capture on film was his combat scooting since I only have two hands :). I think he is ready to join his cousin Cory in the army :)
As you can hear from the video Axel is still under the weather. He is much better overall, but wakes with a running/crusty nose in the morning and coughs throughout the day. We are hoping he will be 100% shortly. We don't mind him being sick, but the unpredictable sleep schedule is starting to wear on Keith and I. It will truly be amazing the first time we get 8 hours of sleep straight. Right now we are thankful for 4 hours straight when we can get it. I finally got a video of Axel playing tug of war with the dogs. As I have said many times before he LOVES the dogs, their toys and playing with them. I am sure you can hear how much he is enjoying himself.
We hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and we will post again shortly!
No comments:
Post a Comment