Sunday, November 15, 2009

More New Tricks

Having 5 days off of work in a row has allowed Axel to improve his sleep from good to great. Axel has only been getting up once a night the past 5 days and his naps have been totaling 2+ hours. It is great to see him thriving. As the books say, with sleep comes new tricks!!!

So I started Axel on egg yolk after our last posting. I read in the "Super baby book" that it is a great finger food. I didn't intentionally plan on allowing Axel to start trying finger food because he hadn't really shown me the "pincher grasp," but after realizing how dry egg yolk is I let Axel have a field day getting messy and trying to feed himself. It was one of the first times that I had to completely change the outfit Axel was wearing. Lets just say the dogs had a great time eating everything that hit the floor and I am not necessarily looking forward to the transition of Axel "feeding" himself and the mess that goes along with it :).

I introduced the sippy cup over a month ago. Axel really hasn't shown improvement with consuming liquids through it, but the past week he has become more and more interested in drinking water from a cup. I think half of the interest is actually water and the other half is him wanting to bite or suck on the cup. Axel has appeared to have outgrown his baby toys. He has officially entered the phase where everything that everyone else has is what he wants. I will give Axel a toy to play with and 9 out of 10 times he fusses until I give him something plastic from the kitchen. It doesn't matter if it is a plastic Tupperware lid or spoon, it is new, fun and chewable.

Today, I gave Axel the same spoon in the picture below while I swept the floor and he jumped up and down waiting for me to give him the broom to bite on. Of course, I told him it wasn't a toy and that he was going to have to be happy playing with the spoon because I wasn't about to let him chew on the end of the broom. This was all cute and dandy until Axel started crying for the doggy toys. I don't let Axel chew on the rawhide or doggy foot, but I am super tempted to let him so that I can get a picture of it :) Now I have been disciplined to not let him chew on the doggy toys, but I never said I wouldn't let him chew on the dogs themselves. Besides, Touis loves it!!!
Keith and I absolutely love Axel to pieces. He is so much fun to be around and he constantly makes us laugh and smile. We hope you enjoy the pictures and videos as much as we do. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment