Axel is 7.5 months old and amazing Keith and I every day with how much older he is looking. He is trying to communicate verbally and with gestures more and more. He grunts when he is hungry, when he wants to be picked up and when he wants a change of scenery. Grunting is a big step up from crying. Grunting equals mommy laughing :)
This week I was blessed? with another day off of work. When I went to drop of Axel on Tuesday the daycare informed me that they were going to be closed the following day for Veterans day. I was completely surprised because I thought I had closely looked over the Holidays that I needed off of work. Well, a few phone calls and all of my patients were rescheduled, happy or not. I did discover the daycare's handbook of listed Holidays did not include Veterans day so I am anxious to see what they say when I drop Axel off on Monday. I wrote them a nice email yesterday asking for an explanation or an updated Holiday list, but no news yet.
Keith informed me that he needed to take the camera to work sometime this week so I made sure to take as many pictures as possible yesterday, hence why Axel has the same outfit in all of the pictures :)
Well, Keith decided to take the camera to work today. Would you believe that is was today that Axel decides to pull himself up to standing? Here is how it happened. I was in the kitchen cooking and Axel was on his play mate right outside of the kitchen with his feet on the dog gate. After 5 minutes of kicking the doggy gate and grunting I came over and sat next to Axel in the middle of the dog gate. Axel grabbed my hands and I pulled him up to standing. He then grabbed the bars and proceeded to sit down and stand up on his own. I of course was there for spotting because I don't trust that he won't fall and hit his head. He thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Axel and I went to the doctor today to get a couple of shots. He weighed in at 16 lbs 7 oz and is now up to the 11th percentile!! He is 26 1/4 inches tall which is the 18th percentile! Keith and I thought he jumped to the 50th percentile because he looks so much junkier and feels so much heavier. He is also a complete pig and eats 3meals of almost 4 TB of food AND anywhere from 33-40 oz of milk!!!! We are soooo PROUD that Axel is taking after mommy and daddy with the big appetite. We hope it continues.
Axel loved the pears and asparagus and tomorrow I think I am going to start him on egg yolk. Funny thing with egg yolk is that they recommend 1 every 1-2 days and if Axel needs to have it 4 days in a row to rule out an allergy, is it okay for him to have 4 egg yolks or should I give him half an egg yolk for 4 consecutive days? oooh, decisions, decisions!!!! Alrighty, I am getting tired so I will cut this short. Here are a couple of pictures of Axel looking cute while working on his crawling/scooting skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment