Here is Rubix helping me clean up from his first real hair cut. I trimmed the front of his hair right before his birthday to keep the hair out of his eyes, but on his 13 month milestone I decided to give him a full on hair cut. I think he looks adorable despite it being quite short.
On Saturday morning the kids decorated Easter eggs. Rubix was still a mess from his double ear infection that after taking this photo I had to take him for a walk/ run to get him to fall asleep. He started antibiotics on Wednesday night after dealing with fevers every night, vomiting and sleepless nights. I had a phone appointment with a doctor who had us then come in to take a look. I was so glad that I was persistent and took Rubix to the doctor for the third time in a month (along with our 3 ER visits). It was an extremely difficult first month to the start off his second year of life. The doctor gave him a stronger antibiotic since it was his second time in less than a month of needing treatment. She felt it was a resistant strain of infection and that is why he seemed continuously sick the entire month.Because of Rubix being sick Axel and I went to church alone on Saturday night for the Easter service. Daddy and Phoenix were sad to miss, but it was the best thing for Rubix to stay home.
On Easter morning we woke and had delicious pumpkin donuts that daddy made and egg mcmuffins. The kids then opened their Easter baskets and had their indoor egg hunt.
After we were done Jade and Zoe joined us for our outdoor egg hunt. This year Mommy Easter Bunny hid 94 eggs, 10 for Rubix on the grass and 21 for each of the 4 hunters.
Axel had much harder locations this year. He was excited and up for the challenge!
Phoenix was quite swift in her hunting and had a blast!
Here Axel asked for assistance and Tyler was more than happy to help while the girls just watched and pointed.
Easter afternoon Axel had his Russian school of Math. Afterwards, I prepared our ham dinner and then took off to see my newest niece, Aya Rose Jolley. She was born around 2 in the afternoon on Easter day. She is absolutely precious and I was very glad I was able to go and meet her while Daddy stayed home with the kids.
I love seeing them all having fun together. These are the memories that I hope they look back on and want to replicate with their families some day.
This morning I was able to capture the kids eating breakfast together. Rubix is back to eating normally. He actually can't seem to eat enough. He ate an entire pancake and has enjoyed quiche, lasagna and even macaroni and cheese! We had to take him off of whole milk since he is on the Augmentum antibiotic because he has had terrible stomach upset. Luckily, we had 2 cans of Neocate Junior that we were able to give him and I just ordered 4 more cans. I am hoping after 4 weeks of being off of whole milk that he will be able to tolerate it without pain, vomiting or diarrhea. He is still waking once a night, but once he catches up with food after loosing a pound from being sick, I am very hopeful that he will be sleeping through the night.
We continue to have baseball and now swim team. Axel has improved by leaps and bounds and is quite fast in the pool. I hope to get some good photos of the kids playing ball and Axel swimming. Until next time.... God Bless!










I love reading the progress of the family
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear!
ReplyDelete