On Tuesday this is how Rubix woke up from his nap at daycare. I took him to the Emergency Room for the third time in 2 weeks because there was no doctor appointments available and that is what the advice nurse recommended after she spoke with the pediatrician. He has been on prescription eye drops ever since. He is slowly coming around, but whatever virus or viruses he keeps picking up is really doing a number to Keith and I. We are exhausted because of the long nights of holding him to get him to sleep. We are thinking that he is healthy enough to start sleep training him again, but hearing him cry is very difficult for both of us.
On Thursday Gma and Gpa Burgess arrived. Because of the rainy weather and Rubix's nap schedule we had a mellow day at home. We played outside for a little bit and then headed to Axel's baseball game.
Unfortunately, the storm rolled in during the first inning and the downpour cancelled the game. Gma and Gpa did get to see Axel warm up pitching, but everyone was glad to get out of the pouring rain instead of playing and spectating the 2nd inning.
On Friday, Gma and Gpa watched Rubix while Axel, Phoenix and I went to the dentist. I managed to get a picture of Axel. He is looking older and bigger by the day it seems. Because I was trying to get Phoenix to cooperate the entire time I was unable to get a picture of her. I am hoping she will be doing a significant amount of maturing over the next year so things like the dentist will not be such a chore!
Rubix was exhausted when we left for the dentist. I was really worried that he was going to cry/ scream the entire time I was gone. Luckily, after 30 minutes of playing ball, Gma was able to walk him to sleep. She wasn't able to put him down, but she was able to get him to sleep for over an hour. Go Grandma! I ended up taking him to the doctor again on Friday afternoon. He threw up Thursday night and I was at my wits end to figure out what is wrong with him. Fortunately, he is healthy and well according to the doctor, but he does have fluid in his ears which might be causing increased symptoms with lying down, hence vomiting, snoring and coughing at night with lying down and why he feels better being held.
On Saturday we took family photos and then headed to downtown Saratoga to go the the historic museum and the cemetery. Gma and Gpa enjoyed them both. Rubix and Phoenix liked the water fountain the best. It was a wonderful day and visit. We feel very lucky that they were able to come and spend time with us.
I will leave you with our 2017 family photo as well as
a super cute sibling photo and
Father/ sons photo and
mother/ daughter photo!










No comments:
Post a Comment