I couldn't take the long hair anymore. With Rubix sick for so long the hair just got in the way with holding him in the night. I really wanted to wait for a work event, Seeds of Hope, on June 11th, but I just couldn't do it. If Rubix pulled another hair of mine I was going to lose it! So I went last Tuesday and compromised with Daddy and kept it around shoulder height instead of going to my chin like I usually do. So for my 20th anniversary and 9th donation I am giving 13 inches instead of the 16 inches that I was hoping for. It is officially in the mail and on its way to Locks of Love so that some little girl will be able to enjoy it.
On Saturday both kiddos had a baseball game. The entire day from 9 am to 3 pm the Home Run Derby Festival ran so that the kids could enjoy fun and games before and/or after their games. Phoenix was such a big girl this year and went right up onto the slides and in the jump house with no assistance or coaxing. It was great! She had such a blast!
She was having so much fun that she forgot to play the games to win prizes and was a bit disappointment as we were heading home and she realized that she didn't have any prizes to take home with her.
To raise extra money Daddy got a dunk tank for the day as well. Did I mentioned that Daddy Keith organized and put on the entire event and was there at 6:30 am and didn't get home until 4 pm that night! He worked really hard to provide a super fun day for all families. Anyways, the dunk tank allowed all of the kids to dunk their coaches, which made for great fun. Here is Axel enjoying his slushy while we wait for Daddy to get in the tank.
Rubix was a champ. Our babysitters apparently became unavailable so we had to manage to get through the day by napping in the stroller. He managed to take a 40 minute nap which equated to him melting down just before 2 pm. Although, Phoenix, Rubix and I had to leave an hour early it worked out great, as Rubix managed to take a late nap at home and was back to his happy self by 4 pm!Here is Axel about to dunk Daddy!
Mommy got to try as well, but was unsuccessful with my 3 balls.
Luckily, Phoenix got special privileges so after she tried to throw the big, heavier balls we manually dunked Daddy.
Unfortunately, Daddy had a big splash zone which caused both Rubix and Phoenix to get a little wet, which both of them were not happy about.
I leave you with Rubix playing ball. I always talk about it, but wanted to share a video of how he spends most of his waking hours, especially when he is at home!










I love the new hairdo
ReplyDeleteThanks June!
ReplyDelete