Our computer has been finding all kinds of ways to make our lives more difficult. After over a 2 week debacle we finally have a video card that allows Axel to play Mind Craft and I can finally download pictures from my phone again. Since I last posted we have had an amazing couple of week. Before I get started on why I think it has been amazing I thought I would share a typical night at the dinner table before Daddy is home.
Here is Phoenix "eating dinner". I don't know what has been troubling her stomach, but she hasn't been herself and she hasn't been eating very well. So instead of eating she is making cards for everyone. As you can see the cards consist of a piece of paper folded down the middle and one sticker placed nicely in the middle of the paper.
As for Rubix, he is not "eating" at the dinner table, but he has finally started joining us since I have the high chair set up for him. Phoenix wasn't very happy giving up her seat, but Rubix is extremely happy to join us!
I love this picture of Phoenix playing at the pool. Her friend Noe was being a bit hot/cold so she decided she can play on the teeter totter by herself.
Our first entire family selfie.
My boys!
Rubix has changed so much over the past few weeks. Keith and I are very excited at how much he engages with his surroundings now. I feel the transformation that has occurred is a miracle and feel extremely blessed that the really hard days are behind us. Rubix has a wonderful temperament. He is a very happy, easy-going child. I think he is going to be a gentle giant. This picture of him hugging Mr. Fox, his lovey, shows this warm loving side of his.

Rubix can now tolerate tummy time. He sits well in his high chair with a little support on each side and he just started playing in the exersaucer. He loves to stand and can roll over from front to back easily on the left and with a struggle on the right side.

Rubix hit a growth spurt starting on July 9th. For the past two days he has consumed 32 and 30 oz and today he took five 4 oz bottles and two 5 oz bottles in the night. He is still waking every 5 hours or twice a night, but his naps are finally consolidating. He has taken a 2 hour and a 3 hour nap over the past couple of days. He woke for a feeding in the middle of the nap, but once he is able to consistently take in more at each meal I know he will be able to do these long naps without waking. Today he only took an hour and 15 minute nap for his long nap, but that is still a huge improvement over what he was doing just a couple of weeks ago.
Daddy turned 41 on Friday the 8th. All he wanted for his birthday was to spend time with his family. He took the day off of work to take the kids to their swim lessons, went for a bike ride up highway 9 and then took us out to The Secret Life of Pets (minus Rubix). It was a great day. Phoenix did well and managed to stay for 95% of the movie. She has had some sleeping issues again since watching the movie because it was a little scary. I hope she goes through this phase a bit faster than Axel so we can all sleep better at night!
On Sunday the 10th we went to Auntie's house for a fun visit with Grandma Susan and the Jolleys. Phoenix typically only naps a couple of times per week. This is her on the way home at 4:40 in the afternoon. She was all tuckered out. You can also see Rubix sleeping in the car as well. It is so nice to have sleeping children for car rides!
Phoenix has continued her swim lessons the past two weeks. She has been overall better with less tears and refusals. She hasn't made any huge strides, but seems to be a little bit more comfortable with all of the skills she learned from her previous two weeks of swim lessons.
and her jump into the pool!
Axel continues to take private lessons. He has been focusing on back stroke and his start. Here he is doing a dry land warm up for his back stroke start.
And here he is in the water with his back stroke start. I had no idea how hard the start was until this week when he learned he has to keep his feet high, 90 degrees at his knees and elbow, keep him butt out and head back. I am so proud of how hard he is trying.
We are excited to see Grandma Sonia and Grandpa Bruce and look forward to some fun filled days so check back soon!
















No comments:
Post a Comment