Rubix is 8 weeks old and time keeps on ticking way faster than I would like. Here is the little guy holding a rattle. He is starting to develop at a faster rate now. He can look at something and reach out and touch it. His tracking has improved and he will watch me all around the kitchen. He is also talking up a storm. He loves to mimic the work "Hi". He also says iiiiioooo and aaaagooo. He gets really excited when I say "Rubix did it!" or I repeat what he said. He is an extremely happy boy.
His routine/schedule is still erratic. I hope he settles into a more predictable routine soon. The good news is he has a 6 to 7 hour stretch of sleep at night. Last night it was from 6:30pm to 12:30am, but it could be from 9:30 pm to 4 am as well or any other time in between. His eating is just as erratic as his sleeping. Some days he eats 7 or 8 big meals (20-30 minutes), where other days I feel like he is snacking and only eats for 7 to 10 minutes up to 10 to 12 times total. He still cannot put himself to sleep if I lie him down wake, but he falls asleep within a minute or two if I put him in the ergo infant carrier. I know he has the potential to put himself to sleep because he does it during his long stretch of sleep at night. He makes lots of sounds and noises during the 6 hours, but always goes back to sleep until he is hungry. Oh, and he is sleeping in his crib every night until about 5 or 6 am until he decided he won't go back to sleep until he is next to Mommy. I am not going to complain though because he has come a long ways over the past 4 weeks.With Annika's help, he is having a bottle a day. He seems to drink only 2 to 3 oz at a time, but I know he has the potential to drink more because it seems like he wants to eat an hour or so after being bottle fed. I think he is holding out knowing that I will feed him :)
This week at the library they had R2D2 and C-3PO so we made sure to get a picture of them for Daddy and Axel. Phoenix and I had an extra special story time because we were able to leave Rubix home with Annika. We were only gone for about 45 minutes, but it made a world of difference to have just Mommy Phoenix time.
Phoenix has made huge changes in her attitude and behavior. She is really starting to cooperate and learn that she can't have everything she wants when she wants it. By giving her lots of control with small every day decisions and having hard consequences that are unchangeable has really helped. It is so nice to have my sweet little girl back.
Last week was teacher appreciation week. I had the privilege of helping out with making the classroom banner. It has been a long time since I have drawn anything. I am really proud of the guitars that I drew. I wasn't able to stay long enough to decorate them, but I was happy to contribute in a small way.
When Phoenix wants to she has wonderful built in motherly skills. She was able to put Rubix to sleep by shhhing in his ear and rocking the pack and play. Rubix is in love with Phoenix and loves to watch whatever she is doing. He stayed up the other day watching her jump and bounce and be silly. He stood and sat in my lap for 45 minutes just starring at Phoenix. He was having so much fun he squealed with delight. Here is a cute picture of the two lying in our bed.
Phoenix continues to be a silly girl. She loves to laugh and play hard. I love her genuine love and zest for life.
Here is Rubix focusing on one of his toys he was touching.
Here is Rubix looking at himself and reaching out and touching the cute little boy in the mirror!
Axel still loves to invent, design and build. It doesn't matter what it is. He continues to swim and has made huge gains over the past couple of weeks. He is finally able to swim the full 25 yards of the pool doing freestyle. He even did it twice yesterday at swim practice. The coach loves having him on the team because he is one of two children who listen and follow instructions very well. The coach hopes it rubs off on the other kids. He has now been introduced to all 4 strokes with breast stroke being the newest. It is hard to believe school is out 4 weeks from today. The school year went by way too quickly. Even though Axel has been having a rough spell with his emotions and feelings, it still blows my mind how much he has changed and how mature he can be.
This week Axel was so mad one night he starting hitting himself. This is never a good thing, but since then, after having a heart to heart he has been especially happy and mature. I can't imagine how hard it must be to be the oldest child. He is really struggling with his role, but is also learning the perks of being the oldest child. I pray that God really works in his heart this summer and that he is able to make good Christian friends at school, swim team, and/or church.
For Mother's day I really wanted to ride my bike. Well God was amazing and answered my prayers once again. I fed Rubix just after 7am and I was able to get out the door at 7:45am. Annika came over at 8am to help with the kids and I was back before 9am. It was a short ride, but all that I could handle. It was my third time out and I rode harder than I wanted to afraid I was needed at home. I was greeted with a pumpkin "latte" (it was rice milk with no coffee), but I pretended it was a coffee drink and enjoyed it just the same.
The kids wanted to get out with me on the bike so we went for a short ride. Here is Phoenix all ready to go.
Here is Axel and I.
The three of us riding up the hill.
Axel has really improved in his strength. He is able to power up the hill. He did it twice the other day.
After our short bike ride and a shower we headed to Walnut Creek to meet Gma Susan and Gpa Brian.
We enjoyed a lovely meal together. It was really nice to see my mom on Mother's Day. I can't remember the last time I was able to celebrate with her.
Gpa Brian brought down a sampling of a pig he purchased. He is using a new butcher and decided that he would give us some pork chops, bacon and Italian sausage to see what we think. We have already tried the pork chops and they were great. I think next year instead of just getting a lamb, we will have to get a pig and part of a cow. I love having the fresh meat. It taste so much better than what you buy in the store!
I feel very blessed for our family of five and our immediate and extended family. I was really sad to see that all of the other cousins decided to stop blogging because I really enjoy knowing what is going on in their lives. I do this blog because I have a horrible memory and I want the kids (and myself) to remember their childhood. I also think it is nice for other family members who want to read or see pictures to have a place to do so. Well in my sadness I was pleasantly surprised to see when I logged in to blog today that the Webbs decided to start blogging again. So rest assured for those who care that I plan on writing this blog as long as I can so that the kids and I can enjoy their every day happenings whether good or bad. Until next time.... God Bless!

















No comments:
Post a Comment