Sunday, May 29, 2016

Hit and Pitch

 The kids love to play "hit and pitch" with the wiffle balls. Axel has such a great stance and swing now.
He can slug it pretty far.

 Phoenix can now hit the ball from being tossed in the air. Our tee unfortunately found its last day at one of our baseball games when it was ripped in half. It is so much fun to see Phoenix loving what Axel does. The super cute thing is she calls the catcher, "home pitch". We enjoyed an hour of this last weekend while Rubix and I watched from the grass.
Axel came over to say hello while Phoenix was playing. Rubix loves to watch the two of them play. Sometimes I think that he gets over stimulated watching them run around and play.
 Axel is becoming more and more of a helper and a man. He can now take in two bins instead of just one at a time.


 On Thursday evening we had Axel's baseball party in our park. We grilled some food and ordered pizza for the kids (except Axel of course). They enjoyed getting their yearbooks, trophies, awards and playing.

 Here is a cute picture of Axel saying hello to Rubix before leaving for school yesterday.
Phoenix looks like she is giving up her nap. She only took 2 naps last week (at daycare only) and this week she continues to not nap at home. It doesn't matter if she gets a ton of physical or mental activity she still won't sleep for me. We have now transitioned into quiet time. This week she has done a great job of staying in her room for the entire hour. I now put a piece of paper under her door when her hour is up. That way if she is sleeping she won't be disturbed. Unfortunately, I always hear her playing, but have to keep my word and place the paper under the door rather than opening the door. Last night while putting her to sleep I realized how much brighter the her new room is than her previous two rooms. I made her room super dark by placing a towel over the bathroom window and a dark blanket over the bedroom window and she took a great nap. She also slept 12 hours last night by putting her to sleep an hour early. 

Although Phoenix sleeps is improving Rubix is having another bad spell. I am at my wits end with what to do. I am so incredibly tired. I think most of his issues are related to his stomach. His eating gets shorter and then his sleeping gets shorter and it becomes a vicious cycle. Keith and I just decided it might be best for the entire family if I put him on the prescription formula. I rather do that then put him on reflux medication that won't help his food sensitivities or his gut heal. I will have to work hard to get him on the bottle. I gave up trying the bottle because I was trying to put him on a schedule, but that is not working because every few days he struggles for 3 to 4 days with his stomach which causes him to not eat well. He struggles with pain which then decreases his ability to sleep. It is so frustrating how there are no books on how to sleep train a child with Reflux and food sensitivities. The good thing is he is healthy and growing and has a great mellow personality.

Phoenix has been taking more interest in Rubix and has been very sweet to him. Today she asked to hold him for the first time. Here is a cute picture of her pointing to the camera telling him to smile. She was laughing because he was so big and heavy she couldn't keep him upright. 

 Axel continues to love to build and create structures and things. Today he designed his own circuit and couldn't wait to show me and daddy. Daddy was luckily on his first rehab bike ride alone since we started rehabing him on the bike 2 weeks ago so I took a picture for him.

 Here is a cute video of Rubix looking at Phoenix and talking.
 I don't know why, but I love this picture and had to include it.

I got down the bumbo chair earlier this week. Rubix is not quite ready for it at 10 weeks. You can see the strain on his neck muscles. I think in another couple of weeks it will come in good use. 
 I found both kids being silly in the bumbo chair. It is hard to believe my 7 year old can still fit in it! Cute photos of my three kiddos though!

We have just 7 days of school left with 4 of them being short/early release days. Summer is here with a big bang as we have an entire week of 90 degree weather ahead of us. The bad thing is our AC is not working and we can't get it fixed until Friday! We are looking forward to our appointment with the Geneticist on Thursday. Hopefully we will have some answers as to what the extra copies of chromosome 8 mean. The good thing is Rubix's ultrasound on his head was normal and his head is only big because he is big. Wish us luck on getting transitioned to the bottle and getting through this heat spell with a newborn that needs to be swaddled without air conditioning!


No comments:

Post a Comment