Saturday, November 1, 2014

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

When I was cooking dinner on Thursday night Axel and Phoenix were coloring. Axel yelled, "Mommy come here". This is what I found. The funny thing is I was checking on them every couple of minutes, because I am always expecting a fight of some kind. They were awfully quiet. How could I not see that she was drawing on her face! I had to get a photo of this so when she is a parent she can see how happy she was to draw on her face. 
On Friday Axel had a school party. They had four stations. Two were different craft stations, a memory game station and a snack station. 
 The snack was chocolate pudding with Oreo "dirt" a sugar pumpkin and ghost. Axel was one of the few we scarfed it down. I explained to the other mothers this was the first time he had any of these treats since he just outgrew his allergies this past January. They all enjoyed him enjoying his treat.
 Here is a class photo of the kids and their masks they made.
 Here is one with their teacher, Mrs. Tolbert.
 We headed out early to go trick or treating. Phoenix is crying "Annika's house" as I was asking them to smile for a picture. She didn't quite get that I wanted a picture before going to see Annika.
 Daddy said, "go outside and take a picture." This made Phoenix much happier. Phoenix was a princess carrying her baby in her dress and Axel was superman.
We met up with the neighbors. Chloe was superwoman.
 Here is the neighborhood "gang" we trick or treated with. Cohen, Henry, Phoenix, Rishaan, Axel, Zain, Saif, Sonya and Chloe.
 Our pretty princess did an awesome job keeping up with the big kids. She ran the entire time at 100% before she crashed and burned at 6:45pm. Daddy took her home while I stayed out with Axel to finish up the neighborhood houses. We were all done by 7pm. It was nice to start and finish early.
 Axel had a great time this year. He was able to keep up with his friends and was extremely confident and self sufficient. Keith and I were really enjoyed watching the kids enjoy themselves.
Here is a picture of our neighbor's house who had the huge Halloween party that we went to last weekend. The inside of their house was just as decorated.
 Here is Rishaan, Axel and Cohen.

Even though it rained off and on most of the day, we lucked out with dry conditions for the evening. The rain started again after trick or treating was over and ended mid morning today. Keith ran an awesome time trial hill climb today.

My car started smoking after I took it in for an oil change and for them to check a leak on Thursday. They told me they couldn't diagnose the leak because it was too dirty and to go get it steamed clean. Well, my car was smoking so bad today and overheating it was by God's grace that my car stalled within a few hundred feet from the shop on the way home from the bike race. God then provided 4 strong men to help me push it there. I must have looked ridiculous trying to push my car by myself, but one has no choice when their car is in the middle of traffic :) Keith was able to go and get everything settled after he returned home from riding. Hopefully it will be done by Monday. As a result we have enjoyed a fun game night at home instead of going to another party/get together.

We already took down the Halloween decorations and started on our Thanksgiving directions. Axel is excited beyond belief that I purchased some fun craft Thanksgiving directions and can't wait to decorate the house tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment