It's official....Phoenix is a mover and a shaker. She has been showing the signs of crawling, and yesterday she put it all together. Granted it was slow and partially combined with the military crawl. I am sure,though, within just a few shorts weeks she will be zooming around the house.
Today she wanted to practice sitting all day. It is exciting to see her develop quickly. The only bummer thing about this stage, which we were sadly reminded about, is the falling/ hitting head stage.
Yesterday was the excitement of what you see below and today was the reminder of the difficulty of letting Phoenix develop, but at the same time providing a safe environment for her. Both Keith and I will be excited to get past this falling stage, but for now we will try to enjoy the good parts of seeing all of Phoenix's firsts.
I forgot to mention that I went cold turkey on the swaddling again on Thursday. We are at day 3 of no swaddle for naps and bed time. It is going a bit better, although she can take up to an hour to put herself asleep still. I hope she will develop new sleep associations soon and that I won't cave in and reswaddle her again :)
Axel continues to love school. The teachers are very impressed with how articulate he is and can't believe his vocabulary level. Both teachers have come up to me to tell me how much they love having Axel in their classroom. We are extremely proud of Axel and are excited for him as he begins the next chapter in his life.
Axel has made his first friend at school named Ethan. Madison, Axel and Ethan eat lunch together and play together when they have their outside free play time. We went to a picnic party for parents and students last night and Axel did a great job of playing with all of the kids on the play structure without any hesitation. It is amazing to see him come out of his shell. It is like I have an entirely different child.
Tomorrow holds more adventures and Grandma Susan comes to visit at the end of next week so please check back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment