Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Axel's first day of Preschool

Axel started Preschool at Marshall Lane Elementary where he will be attending Kindergarten next year. We signed him up for Mon, Wed, Friday from 8:15am-1:15pm. For his first day of school Keith and I arranged our schedule so that we could both take him. We were a little nervous at how he would do before we started the enrollment process. After enrolling him, attending parent orientation and then 'meet the teachers for the kids', we were sure he would be fine. He was really excited to be going to 'real' school. I had been calling daycare, school, since he was a baby. He realized over a year ago that he was going to daycare and not real school and he was looking forward to the day when he would be attending real school.

 The enrollment process was a bit pain staking for Keith and I because of Axel's skin and his allergies. There was a ton of paper work, medical release forms and prescriptions to get as well as special food for Axel, but with only a few hitches everything magically got done and Axel was able to attend school yesterday. We were extremely proud of Axel and both can't believe he has reached this milestone in his life.
 We live across the street from the elementary school so walking is the only real logical way to get there. Traffic backs up quite far on the roads leading to the school parking lots. Keith and I feel fortunate that we are just a 10 minute walk and don't have to deal with the ciaos of driving. We are also fortunate that his daycare provider will take him and pick him up on the days that I work.
 Axel had a great time yesterday and couldn't wait for Wednesday to arrive. He said he only made one friend, besides Madison, a girl that also attends his same daycare. Unfortunately, he couldn't remember his name, but plans on asking him again tomorrow.
Although I will miss seeing Axel's smiling face all day, I am excited about having a few hours alone with Phoenix almost every Friday. It will be great one on one time!


No comments:

Post a Comment