Sunday, August 18, 2013

New Tricks, New Games, Birthday Party and Babies

The past week has been action packed as Phoenix is in the mist of achieving several milestones, and we were all waiting patiently for Auntie's baby to arrive. I packed up the swing for Auntie Shannon and put the exersaucer in its place. Phoenix knew exactly what to do. She immediately starting walking and playing with all of the fun toys. 
The exciting thing for Axel and I was setting up the electronic tree. We placed pictures inside the peek a boo section of Axel, Phoenix and myself and hunted around the house to find 4 AAA batteries. Phoenix isn't quite old enough to push the buttons on the one side, but today she was pulling on the green cloth that covers the pictures. To my surprise the tree talked back to Phoenix every time she pulled one of the cloths. The cloth over her picture said "mommy". The one over Axel's picture said "Daddy" and the one of my picture said "Baby". So cool!!! I had no idea it was interactive. Now I need to change the pictures so the words correlate with the pictures. I had never placed the batteries inside the tree when Axel used it years ago. Too bad because I think he would have loved the musical, interactive tree!
Phoenix absolutely lights up every time she sees Louis. She becomes very talkative and follows him with her eyes. Before our walk a couple of days ago she scooted right up to him and grabbed his lease, just like Axel use to when he was a baby. Today she even walked him holding onto his lease while I had her in the carrier. Axel use to love to do this as well.
Phoenix has been practicing all of the steps to crawling. She is rocking back and forth on her hands and knees.......
Pushing up into the plank/push up position....
and bringing her knees under her. She has sat up a couple of times from her stomach by pushing up and then bringing her left leg under her all the way until she is on her butt! The only bummer thing is today she discovered how to use her arms to pull herself forward on her stomach. This military crawl is what Axel started doing at 7 months and stuck with until he was a year. I am hoping she will still practice her pre-crawling skills so that she can quickly crawl on her hands and knees instead of just doing the military crawl. I think regular crawling will give her more freedom and independence to chase after Axel than the military crawl will. I know Axel got frustrated and went right to cruising.
Phoenix's sitting is also much better. I still get nervous that she will fall so I like to stay close to her or put the boppy pillow behind her to soften her fall backwards.
We picked up the game Operation this week. Keith and I have been talking about purchasing this for awhile. We both really enjoyed this when we were kids and Axel, no doubt, is starting to enjoy playing it as well.
Yesterday, while Phoenix was sleeping Axel and I built a cool house for his dinosaurs using his foam letters. I was really proud of our creation so I made him pose for a picture.
Yesterday evening we went to another birthday party. We weren't able to stay long because Phoenix has not been feeling well. She refused solids yesterday and threw up 3 times at the party. So after the third time, one hour into our visit, I told Keith and Axel that we needed to go after the breaking of the pinata. Axel had fun hitting the pinata, but wasn't very excited that he had to leave early. He met a young girl who he had a blast playing with and was bummed that he had to leave early.


Yesterday morning, Saturday, July 17th, Auntie's baby finally arrived around 1am. Braylin was a very healthy 8 lbs, 10 oz and 20.5 inches tall. Both Auntie and Braylin are doing great and were discharged this morning from the hospital. The 4 Szolushas, went up to Oakland this afternoon for a quick visit. Braylin is absolutely adorable and the Jolley's seem to be adjusting quite well to their new addition. Phoenix continues not to feel well and through up all over Auntie's house just before we left. We are hoping it is just a small stomach bug, but Keith and I both are skeptical and think she is having a reaction to the asparagus we started earlier this week. We think it is the food because she has had an eczema flare and green stools the past couple of days which is a sign that it is most likely a food she is reacting to. Our plan for this week is to do a couple of days of no solids and then try again with the foods she has been tolerating well since we initiated solids 1 month ago.
Axel starts preschool tomorrow morning. He is very excited, as are we. The preschool is very well organized and run and we are looking forward to seeing Axel grow socially and are optimistic that he will be stimulated academically as well. Check back soon for a post on Axel's first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment