Monday, April 22, 2013

To Grandmother's house we go!

Last Wednesday night we headed to Grandma Susan's house in Sacramento. We were going to shop and plan Auntie's baby shower and to have fun with Grandma. We ran several errands Thursday and Friday morning and played in the afternoons. On Friday, Axel rode his bike to the park. He is becoming a better cyclist and climber every day. Here Grandma is helping him across to the play structure because he is still a little too short to reach.
 Phoenix and I tried to stay in the shade. It was a bit warm for me. I was wondering how Phoenix was doing so I used the phone to see here. I captured this adorable picture of Phoenix sucking on the carrier.
 I love this picture of the two of them taking a bath. They both love the water as you can see from their beautiful smiles.
 Axel has been working on writing now for a few weeks. He is getting really good. Here is an example of a few words we worked on spelling while at Grandma's house.
 Grandma was such a great help and took over Axel's bedtime routine while I attended to Phoenix. You can see Axel still loves to read.
 Axel had so much fun with Grandma he drew a picture of Grandma and him holding each other. The best part of the picture I think is that he included Grandma's glasses :)
 On Saturday we went to Fairytale Town. Here Axel was able to pet a rabbit.
 And go on the crooked mile with Grandma.
 And down Farmer Ben's slide.
 I have the same picture of Axel when he was a year and a half old the last time we went to Fairytale town with Grandma.
 And this also may look familiar as I have the same picture of Axel in the cheese as well.

 And here Axel is petting the horse. All smiles of course.
We also were able to check out the forest. In the forest was this awesome play structure.
 As you can see Axel did great climbing up everything!
 We then stayed to attend a play at the theater inside Fairytale Town. We waited half an hour, paid 5 dollars, only to stay for 5 minutes. The opening drums were extremely loud and the masks were scary for Axel. The smile on his face quickly turned to a scared look and he immediately asked to leave. Oh well, it was a good idea in theory. So much for the cool puppet show that I thought we were going to see.
 We had a great time visiting Grandma and were sad to go. We are already looking forward to our next visit in June for Auntie's baby shower.
Phoenix turned 3 months yesterday, on Auntie and Uncle's one year wedding anniversary (April 21st). She is growing by leaps and bounds. She is starting to roll from her stomach to her back towards the right only. She is also starting to try to roll from her back to her left side. She loves to stand and sit with just support for balance. She loves to look at faces, especially those that make funny noises. It is amazing how many different consonants and vowels she can already say. She is already cooing two syllable coos and laughing out loud. Her laugh is the cutest thing I have ever heard, especially since it is followed by hearing Axel cracking up at her talking and laughing. I have been trying to get it on video, but the phone seems to always ruin the moment.

Phoenix is finally use to the bottle. She takes it well, especially if it is just breast milk. The hard part is trying to get her use to the neocate formula. She still has trouble at times taking a bottle with 50% neocate. Hopefully, we will have more success in the coming weeks.

Phoenix continues to be a happy well natured baby. She starting getting up every 3 hours again at night which is rough on me after having the long stretches of sleep I mentioned last time. I am hoping it is just another growth spurt or possibly the fact that she could be teething!!!! yes, I know she is young, but she is drooling up a storm and always sucking on her hand. I think I feel something on her bottom left front tooth. If I remember correctly it took Axel 1-2 months for him to actually get the tooth to cut through the gums. I am guessing Phoenix will have her first tooth sometime in the next month or two.

Phoenix continues to be a routine baby and is progressing to 2 hour wake cycles and 3 naps during the day. Her new bedtime the past week or so appears to be around 7pm and she has consistently been waking around 7am from the time she was born :) I feel very blessed that she is falling into a routine without much intervention on my part. With May around the corner, my maternity leave is almost up. Is is hard to believe I have been off for 14 weeks and only have a little over a month to go. I could easily not work for another few months, but I know it is better to go back sooner than later before I get too rusty! Besides, I don't want to lose my job :)

Grandpa Paul arrives this Thursday for a long weekend of fun. We are excited to see him so check back soon for more Szolusha fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment