Last Sunday Auntie and Uncle Ryan went to the warriors basketball game with daddy and Axel.
The past two weeks were a little tough on all of us. Axel was getting up multiple times a night every night and it seemed to be escalating. It was difficult for us to tell if it was his itchy skin waking him or if he was scared or just pushing his boundaries. After lots of discussion Keith and I decided it was likely a combination of not being tired and pushing his boundaries. Therefore, we asked Axel if he wanted to do school work or quiet time in his room. Of course, he decided he wanted to be up with mommy and do school work.
I am going to miss the option of taking a quick 20 minute nap and having alone time during the day to get things done, but I know this is the best thing for Axel. Now we have quiet time in the kitchen and Axel practices writing, letter recognition, cutting and numbers, while I cook dinner and Phoenix takes her last nap of the day. Since we started this Axel has slept through the night or only woken once for a quick bathroom run and some lotion and then has gone right back to sleep without any screaming or crying. This hasn't happened in MONTHS! Yeah for mommy and daddy!
Other exciting news; after two weeks of Phoenix waking every 3 to 4 hours she finally decided to start sleeping again the past three nights. She is back to having one stretch of 6+ hours. I believe the set back was her stomach again. She had blood and foam in her stools again. Because of that I tried to introduced a hypoallergenic formula, nutmegging, thinking it would help. Unfortunately, it has corn in it, which caused more blood in her stools. Frustrated and discouraged, we finally met with the GI specialist, who gave us a free sample of neocate, an amino acid formula. Although Phoenix hasn't consumed more than 6 oz of the formula a day, she hasn't had any foam or blood in her stools. This is a wonderful thing because that means I have the option to stop breast feeding and to start eating all types of foods again. It has been really challenging for me to give up almost all foods and to have only a handful of foods that I can eat because of Phoenix's food sensitivities. I am hoping that as she gets more comfortable with the bottle and the taste of the neocate I can completely wean her and the stress of worrying about her stools and fussiness and my food consumption will completely disappear. Wish us luck!
Jack Fischer Park turned the water on so now the park becomes an even bigger attraction for Axel and other kids. After playing in the water, this past Friday, Axel decided he needed to eat an early lunch. He scarfed down his spinach ravioli and then changed his clothes and hoped on his bike for the rest of the time. He loves riding around the park and up and down the hill. I think it is because he likes to people/kid watch. On our way to the car Axel asked if he could climb on the rocks. He is getting more skilled every day with climbing, running and jumping. Although I found this picture awfully cute.
This past Sunday we drove up to San Francisco to a friend's engagement party. Axel had a blast playing with the other kids. We brought the game memory, which entertained the kids for about 15 minutes. After running laps around the couch and coffee table the kids settled down for over 30 minutes of book reading.
Tomorrow night, the kids and I take off for Sacramento to spend the rest of the week with Grandma Susan. Our agenda is to completely plan, organize and shop for Auntie's baby shower. There should be some good play and park time in between the hustle and bustle though, so check back soon for more pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment