Thursday, February 7, 2013

Phoenix at 2 weeks

Phoenix had her 2 week check up this week. Despite all of the projectile vomiting and diarrhea I am proud to say she is on her way to being a nice and healthy baby. She weighed in at 8lbs and 4oz, which put her at the 60th percentile. She grew an incredible 3/4 of an inch to measure in at 20.75 inches, which put her at the 70th percentile. Her head circumference was in the 40th percentile so the big joke is that Phoenix is 100% my child and Axel is 100% Keith's child, as far as gene contributions. I have the common sense of the family, where Keith and Axel have the amazing photographic memory and are just plain old book smart. 

Axel absolutely loves Phoenix. He is so incredibly sweet with her. Keith and I are very proud of him. Here is a cute picture of Axel saying good morning to Phoenix. 

 Phoenix is now starting to track objects and for the first time showed interest in her mobile. She is also turning her head towards the light and the sounds of our voices. Starting to see little brain developments is such a cool part of parenting.
 Phoenix seems to have the same dairy protein allergy as Axel. Axel grew out of it by age 3. I am hoping by catching it early with Phoenix that she will grow out of it even sooner than Axel did. I have been really creative with meals the past week, but am already running out of dairy and soy free recipes after just a week. It is amazing how quickly I got out of the habit the past year with Axel now eating all foods except peanuts. Here is an Asian ground turkey recipe that tasted even better than it looks :) I was quite proud of the presentation and thus wanted to share it.

I am going to leave you with the cutest little video of Axel singing to Phoenix. I was cooking lunch for Axel and Phoenix started to become fussy. He found his nursery rhyme book and started to sing to her in order to calm her down. It worked surprisingly well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment