Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yaahhhhh!

The count down until Axel's second birthday continues. Just 10 more days to go! We are so excited. In preparation for the big day 2 dairy free pumpkin pies have already been made and consumed. Here is Axel pigging out with daddy. Of course, he had already finished a piece that was nicely put on a plate, but when daddy got home Axel wanted more and this is how daddy served him. Fun times! This past week I finally had a chance to have Axel try on his new underwear. I think they fit quite nicely after washing them. These are the ONLY 18 month diapers on the market. I got a whopping 12 pair for $45 online. I sure hope we get good use of them! We have actually stopped trying to potty train Axel. He threw too many tantrums at school so we don't even mention it anymore. Axel continues to ask to go 1-4 times per day when he is at home. He often likes to use the potty for his morning number 2 business when he wakes. We are trying to be supportive when he wants to go, but I don't really ask him if he has to go during the day. So when I put the underwear on him I told him that he had to tell me when he needed to go poopy or pee pee because we don't pee in underwear. He did great. He told me within 30 minutes that he had to go pee. He finished and then asked for his diaper to be put back on. He is sure one smart cookie.......when he wants to be. Here are two pictures that show how Axel really wants to wear his underwear! Axel has started to get the hang of basketball. He doesn't like to actually let go of the ball unless it is in the basket, but who doesn't want to make a slam dunk every time! He doesn't even need a ball to play basketball. Anything will suffice, even bunny! Axel accidentally got an early birthday present because I wasn't very smart with the opening of packages sent from Grandma and Grandpa Burgess. Axel got a glimpse of these sun glasses and immediately started saying, "Axel sunglasses", as if he knew they were meant for him and a perfect fit!
Axel has been consistently eating much more than he use to. He consumes a thousand calories nearly every day. With the huge increase in food consumption we are hoping his weight and height will reflect this at his doctor's appt in 10 days. I know he has to be taller because most of the 12 month pants are too short. I finally managed to put all of the 12 month clothing away so that he is only wearing 18 month clothing. I am hoping the 18 month clothing will get us through the summer. We may have to pull out some of the 2T stuff later in the summer, but that will only be a positive thing!

Axel also continues to sleep well at night. He slept 10 hours this morning, asked for milk at 5:30am and then slept in until 8:30am. I think this is a first. I think I mentioned him sleeping in until 8:15am about a month ago, but never until 8:30am!. The best thing about this morning is that he did this on a weekend so Keith and I got to lie in bed! I would say sleep in, but I don't think either of us were actually sleeping, since we are so use to getting up early!

Last I leave you with Axel yelling "Yahhh!". This is one of the many wonderful things that daddy teaches Axel when mommy is riding her bike. Axel put this in good use today as he got to individually cheer on mommy and daddy riding in the rain today.

No comments:

Post a Comment