I believe I mentioned that last week Axel missed his nap and decided to play in his crib. He did the same thing on Thursday and Friday this week. The only difference was he threw all of his toys off, took his socks off and tried to take his sweat shirt off.
It is moments like these I try not to laugh so that he doesn't think I am approving this behavior. However, I am finding more and more moments where my lack of self control is evident as I bust out into a laugh. I am sure as he gets older and the cuteness factor goes down I will be able to be more firm :)
Axel can now climb in and out of his high chair. He often likes to stand instead of sit. Here he is king of the table.
He is becoming more brave and more into independent play. I love to see him exploring the backyard, among other things :)
His imagination is also taking off by leaps and bounds. It amazes me what he thinks of. Here he is sitting on his "outside" chair on the bench on our deck eating his snack. I was quite opposed to this, but the chair ended up being more stable than I first expected.
His imagination leads to a lot more 'pretend' play. We pretend eat all of the time. Weather we are playing with play-doh, sand or his stuffed animals, we are always pretending to eat.
Axel is often funny man like his father. Here he is pretending to be daddy with his hat.
And here he is pretending he has no arms.
But most of all Axel continues to act like a "two-year old". He has fun, explores his surroundings, is always learning and absorbing his surroundings and most importantly figuring out social skills by trying to "get his way". Here is a great example. I wanted him to wear a hat to protect his face and scalp from the sun. He really didn't want to wear his summer hat. After trying and failing to get dad's winter hat over his summer hat, both hats ended up on the ground. I gave up after several attempts and decided it was almost nap time anyways!
Speaking of nap time, Axel is back on track the past two days and is taking his naps! The lack of nap taking was a huge blessing because we bumped his bedtime up one hour on Friday night because he was so tired so the transition last night was flawless. Axel has been sleeping 11 hours straight again for almost two weeks with one or two hiccups.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment