Thursday was officially doctor day where we discovered Axel's ears were both infected. No wonder why he has had trouble sleeping and eating. This was the first time his fever didn't spike and the first time he remained happy and playful during the day. His past ear infections he has had a high temperature and become quite inactive. I will have to remember this for future illnesses. At any rate, we managed to start him on antibiotics immediately. He still weighs 20 lbs. this time 5.5 oz. I think that is almost the exact weight as the last time we went in for an illness (November). After Axel's nap we went to my appointment. I wasn't as lucky and didn't find out until Friday morning that my strep culture was positive. Good thing is Axel and I are on the mend. Keith has also had a cold and luckily his strep culture was negative. Looks like his stellar immune system is back.
Despite Axel's decreased appetite he always has a sweet tooth. He may not eat the finished product, but you can almost always count on him to help lick the bowl or spoon. I do believe he is doomed to have this sweet tooth indefinitely, as both Keith and I have a major sweet tooth.
No matter how good or bad Axel feels he almost always wants to give a "huggie" or be hugged himself. Here he is giving Louis a big hug.
Last Sunday we did manage to visit Auntie and Uncle Ryan. We had a good time, although quite laid back. Axel was too fascinated with the cats to want to go anywhere. Here he is trying to get the cat to come out from under the sofa.
And here he is trying to coax the cats to come out and play. He regularly says, "kitty sleeping", because that is what Auntie's answer was to where the cats went.
Axel is quite the helper. He loves to help mommy cook or clean. He had lots of fun making butternut squash, apple turnovers with me.
Well, I am exhausted and need to get to bed. We are hoping Axel will only get up once tonight. Last night was the first night he only got up twice. Otherwise, he has been up 3 to 5 times a night. The better he sleeps, the better I sleep and the quicker we will all be better. Here is to a good week and good health!
No comments:
Post a Comment