Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tons of Fun in the Sun

This week, despite still being sick for most of it was much more eventful than the past two weeks. Last Sunday Axel had a play date with Chloe, who is 3 months younger, but the exact same size and cuteness as Axel. They played marvelously together, except for when Chloe kept stealing Axel's cracker, where he would cry and scream in frustration :) Thursday Auntie surprised us and came for a visit. We had fun at the park. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera, but Auntie did have her phone so we have one cute picture of Axel finally trying to hang from the bar over the slide like the big boys and girls do. He needed a little boost to reach, but I think he had fun trying to do what the big kids do. On Friday, I finally got on antibiotics, which was just enough time to enjoy the weekend and Keith's company party. Of course, we didn't do a good job of taking pictures and the few we took were not that good, but we did have a good time. Axel did great having a babysitter put him down for bed for the first time. I was quite nervous so I had Lauren come over the night before to put him to bed. Just like I suspected, this was the magic trick that allowed him to feel comfortable when we were gone. He didn't even cry and went right to bed....go Axel! He did get up at midnight to have a little drink of rice milk....or was it to check that mommy and daddy safely arrived home....:) One of Axel's toys of the week was daddy's ipod. Every single day he couldn't wait for daddy to take off the ipod and give it to him to play with. Axel was also really into building towers this week with his Lego's and working on his puzzles. Axel's tent was also a big hit this week. I couldn't believe how much time he was spending in there. We had fun climbing through the tunnel, but the most fun was just lying there looking at the colors of the tent and tickling each other. As you can imagine we made quite the ruckus so when the house became silent as I left Axel to play by himself I became a little nervous. I called for Axel several times without any response. I found him silently lying in the tent. This crazy quite phenomenon happened on more than one occasion. Today he brought his bike into the tent and was just lying there with his bike. I think if Axel was older he would choose to sleep in it he loves it so much! Axel also decided this week he wanted to carry things with him more efficiently. He started putting toys in his pockets and important paper in his shirt!
I have two cute videos to share since you all haven't seen the little guy in action for awhile. The first video is of Axel feeding himself yogurt. We reintroduced soy last Sunday and he seems to be doing fine allergy wise. He absolutely loves yogurt so I am glad that he is handling soy well. He still instantly lights up with any dairy products, but having the soy without any issues is a big help. The second video is of Axel feeding Louis and being his fun little self. It looks like the videos failed again. I will try to download them sometime later this week.

Have a good week. Hopefully the beautiful, sunny weather stays around for awhile for those of us on the west coast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment