Tuesday night Keith's coworker delivered one of his 40 pinball machines for us to "borrow". I believe we will have the pleasure of playing "Pin Bot" for quite a few months. The whole family really enjoys playing. Here are Axel and me in action. He likes to tell me where the ball is and clap when the machine lights up.
Wed. afternoon we discovered that the end of living in a cold house was near. We were finally going to have a new high efficiency furnace installed in our attic on Thursday and Friday. This is a picture of the closet where the old furnace was installed against code and was not working. We had that ripped out and thrown away during our upgrade.
This has been a long 5 week debacle with 3 different furnace guys and dozens of calls and emails to our home warranty and real estate agent. The outcome wasn't exactly what we were hoping for because more money was spent on our part then expected, but we finally have heat and the potential for a linen closet in our house. I will cherish these two things for as long as we own this house. Not having heat has been interesting for all four of us and I can appreciate those who live without it on a regular basis. Now for the linen closet... Being able to organize my towels and sheets is a luxury I won't take for granted again. Who would have thought a 2600 square foot house would be without a linen closet? I didn't realize this until I had a dream the night we made the offer on the house. I woke up realizing that I didn't remember seeing a linen closet. This being the least of Keith's worries really grew to bother me as I love to be organized.
As far as Axel is concerned he didn't mind the cold or the house being without a linen closet. He dressed a bit warmer and had a ton of fun playing with our portalable heaters. Here he is grooming Louis.
Axel taking over Louis's chair.
On Saturday we had a big Thanksgiving dinner. Here is Axel and Daddy preparing the turkey before we put it in the oven. We slow-cooked the turkey at 250 for 5 hours and it came out moist and tasty.
Of course, I didn't remember to take any pictures all day, but here Axel is waiting for the Thanksgiving party to start.
Axel had so much fun with our 14 guests that the only thing he ate was pumpkin pie. Here he is on Sunday enjoying a big bite of Daddy's pumpkin pie. His skin has been horrible the past week because of all the dairy exposure and cold weather, but it is so nice to see Axel scarf food down, since he normally isn't a great eater.
Here is the happy dance and run with the pumpkin sugar rush!
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment