He "rode" on the helicopter. Here you can see him using the controls with daddy.

Here he is heading toward the steering wheel of the sailboat.

The next two pictures are the cutest as daddy did a great job of capturing Axel looking through the round windows of the sailboat.


After playing in the hot sun we came home to enjoy cold treats. Mommy had ice cream like usual while daddy and Axel ate a Popsicle. This was Axel's first time and he did a great job of getting the hang of how to eat off of a stick :)


We went to two barbecues later in the day where Axel's exploration lead to a low speed fall and a beautiful shiner right next to his eye. He was quite the trooper and only cried for a few minutes before "manning up."

Axel has been particularly fussy around me for a few weeks now. I have chalked it up to separation anxiety. Anytime I put him down or after a minute or two of playing independently he starts crying for me to pick him up. Here are just a couple of examples of the little guy in his time of grief :) Luckily, he has been a lot better the past couple of days so I am keeping my fingers crossed that he is growing out of this phase!


Today was another hot one for us so we decided to have Axel check out what it is like playing with the hose. We couldn't believe how much fun he had playing in the water. He was extremely brave and didn't mind the freezing cold water running over him. I think he is going to be a fish like his mommy was growing up.....hopefully his skin will hold up in the chlorine. I think we may have our first run at the pool very soon!!!


Well, I am off to continue cleaning out the garage. Time to wake daddy up from his nap and pray that Axel sleeps one more hour!
No comments:
Post a Comment