Friday, August 21, 2009

Axel goes to school while Mommy goes to work

The first week back to work was hectic and long. It is amazing to think that I only "worked" 20 hours when I felt like I was gone the entire day every day. Good thing is Axel is a great child and transitioned well over the course of the week. You can see from the picture below how excited he was to go to school for the first time.


Last weekend I decided to go through Axel's clothes again and ended up washing all of his clothing that is for 6 months. He actually fits well in the 6 month onesies. I can no longer complain of the onesies being too wide and too short :)



On Wednesday before school Axel had lots of fun playing. He is getting so good at reaching for his toys.


After giving Axel his bath on Wednesday I decided to see if he was strong enough and big enough to sit in the toddler section. I am happy to say that he is finally big enough. I will have to see tomorrow how he does if I try to bathe him while he is sitting up. Maybe I will get less wet. Axel loves to kick and splash when he is reclined in the infant section. I can't imagine that he will be able to kick as well while he is sitting, but Axel is always surprising me with what he can do so i will have to let you know next time how it goes!


Here is another picture of Axel playing on his belly and demonstrating his reaching skills. It is so cool to see the eye-brain-hand connection at work.


I am not sure if you can see from the picture below but Axel is now standing just holding on to objects. I will have to get a picture of him holding onto my hands standing while Gamma is here this weekend. It is hard to believe how fast he is growing up!


Axel and Touis continue to have a love affair with each other. Touis is full of so much love even Axel can pick up on it.




Here is a picture I promised to capture last time. I love seeing Axel explore his body. Today he was grabbing his knees. Oh, so cute!


Last I leave you with Axel's second day of school, but first day being taken by daddy. Axel absolutely loves riding in the Burley. We all practiced riding to school on Sunday and then continued riding around the neighborhoods looking at houses for sale for nearly 2 hours. Axel had so much fun that he forgot about eating and went nearly 4 hours without a meal. This is starting to become a common theme where he has too much fun to concentrate on eating and Keith and I end up dealing with a little bit fussier baby at night who eats nearly 10-15 ounces before bed trying to "catch up" from the lack of milk during the day. (Wow that is quite the run on sentence, but I am too tired to change it or proof read this post).



Good night for now. Check back soon because I want to at least post a couple of cute videos that I took over the past week. Hopefully they will provide you with as much entertainment as they provided Keith and I.

2 comments:

  1. He sure is getting big! WHat a cutie!! How did his first few days at school go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so happy and he is GROWING!

    ReplyDelete