Friday, July 10, 2009

Trouble Maker

Daddy had a great birthday. Unfortunately, I totally forgot to take pictures so you will have to trust that the chili dogs were awesome and Keith completely enjoyed them :) I wanted to write a quick post on my new found trouble maker. Lately, Axel has been using his hands more and more. He will grab onto objects and entertain himself with anything he can get his hands on. The first time that I noticed this was last week when I was in the spare bedroom. I put Axel in the center of the bed next to tissue paper and a gift bag. I heard him laughing and cooing and when I turned around Axel's face was covered by the tissue paper. It was the cutest thing. We played, "where did Axel go" for about 10 minutes. I eventually had to take the tissue paper away because he started putting it into his mouth which is his second favorite thing to do. I didn't have the camera around to take a photo, but I did take a photo of a similar situation that happened yesterday. I put Axel down to take a nap in his pack n play because he was falling asleep. Of course, after I put him down I started hearing laughing and cooing again. I went over to check on him to find his face covered by his diapers. Unfortunately, I had to remove them while I got the camera because I was afraid of him suffocating, but I did catch him having fun playing with his diapers. I am a little bummed I need to find a new home for all of his cloth diapers, but know it is best to not take anymore chances now that he wants to grab everything. Axel was even being sneaky while we folded clothes yesterday. I put him in his usual place in the center of the bed and then started folding. We had quite a few towels that were next to him. Every time I looked over he kept sliding his hand in between the bottom two towels. As the pile became quite high I had to save him from being covered and buried by the stack of towels. He thought it was extremely funny and was laughing the loudest I have ever heard. The funny thing is I know that he has no idea what he is doing, but it sure seemed like he liked me moving his hand away from between the towels. Here is a picture of Axel, "double fisting". As I keep saying in each post that he is putting everything in his mouth. I placed two of his toys in his lap and within seconds he was trying to get both of them in his mouth. Since he couldn't fit both of them you can see from the picture below that he settled on his fist, which is pretty typical. Finally I have a short video clip of him talking to one of his favorite friends, Snuffy. I am sorry the quality of the film is pretty bad, but if I get too close to him he stops talking so I had to sneak the video in from the kitchen.

Oh, I forgot. I do want to mention that Axel is back to sleeping fairly well. Not as good as he used to, but much better than he has been. I think he just started another growth spurt, hence the screaming when he is overly hungry and the increased waking at night for extra feedings. I decided this as his napping has greatly increased over the past couple of days. Today he has already napped for 3 hours and before a few days ago he was barely napping an hour all day. Well, that is all for now. Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment