Lets start with the good because it is always nice to hear good news first.
1. Saturday I was able to enjoy a nice ride in the morning, while Keith enjoyed his morning with the little guy.
2. Keith had a good time racing on Saturday night.
3. Keith and I both got to race on Sunday and we both had a ton of fun in the scorching heat. We came home with lots of prizes and a good chunk of cash :)


4. Axel continues to get cuter by the day.
5. Axel is on day 3 of his new routine of bedtime at 7:30pm and nap at 9am and 1pm. He is becoming a better sleeper again and every day we practice the sleeping thing (at night and during the day) he becomes more and more like his old happy self.
6. Axel is 3.5 months old!
The Bad is only relative and is always short lived, but definitely worthy of mentioning.
1. I became very ill after the race on Sunday with a severe migraine and nausea that turned into solid and liquids coming out both ends by the time we got home from the race. After talking with a teammate I think it was a combination of bad turkey in a sandwich I consumed after the race along with the wonderful heat...
2. Axel had terrible sleeping over the weekend and was up almost every hour again on Friday night and every two hours on Saturday night.
3. Axel has been running a 99 degree temperature off and on for 3 days now with very loose stools.
4. Work is ever frustrating and I am still not sure how many hours and what days I will be returning to work.
5. Keith rode so hard on Saturday night that he developed hematuria from poor hydration before the race. Luckily it resolved by the next day with large amounts of water consumption.
6. Our house has been between 80 and 90 degrees for a few days,which is hard on the little guy. He is either naked or has a damp wash cloth on some part of his body.
And last the Sad.......
Another good acquaintance of ours passed away. He was a wonderful person who was very well liked in the cycling community. He was a good friend to many of my friends and Keith's and my heart goes out to all who were close to Chris Hipp. He will be greatly missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment