Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mr. Cutie vs. Mr. Fussy

Well, yet again, it is Wednesday and I am just getting to this because Axel and I are just so very busy. We are so busy that I can't seem to remember what we did last Thursday and Friday. Obviously, it must not have been very important.

This past weekend,though, was all about remembering Mr. Hippstar. Keith went on a >100 mile memorial ride on Saturday through all of Chris's favorite climbs and dirt trails. (Yes, he loved to take the road bike off road. Keith is going to take me up one of the dirt trails this coming Saturday. I am a little nervous because I am not too keen on taking the road bike off road, but from what I hear the Purissma trail is a must with all of its beauty.) On Sunday I went on Chris's big memorial ride which stopped by the tree where he was found after collapsing. It was very sad, but I was glad to be able to give my support. In the afternoon, his girlfriend of 14 years had an open house at their home. We stopped by and were pleased to see everyone enjoying each others company, while sharing their memories of Hipp. Lorraine had pictures up of the past 4 decades of him racing his bike (both cycling and motor cross). It was very cool to see the "younger" Chris before any of us knew him.

Monday Axel and I went out to lunch with Gwen. Of course we went to my favorite bagel shop for a bagel sandwich. Yesterday Axel and I picked up Grammy (Carol) Goodrow from the airport and we have been extremely busy ever since. I will write more on how our visit goes with her next Tuesday after she leaves. For now I would like to high light some of Axel's new milestones.

The big milestone in my mind is that Axel is now wearing the next size clothing. Yep, he is wearing 3-6 month clothing. He can still fit in a lot of his 0-3 month clothing, but I decided to pack them away so that he would get a chance to wear the 3-6 month clothing before he grows out of them. It is funny because the clothes looked much too big, but by the time I washed and dried them they seemed to shrink up to just the right size. Here is my favorite PJ's that one of my co worker's bought him. I never thought my child would be wearing "designer" clothes, but I do have to say if I saw this in the store I just might have been tempted to purchase it!

Now a funny observation I noticed in many of his 3-6 month clothing and onesies is that they seem to be the same size in length but just wider. Here is an outfit where the onesie is barely long enough, but definitely too wide. What makes this outfit more confusing is if the kid is suppose to be short and fat, why are the pants so long? Or, does Axel have a super long torso and midget legs?


You can also see from this next picture that the onesie is not only wide, but the child is also suppose to have a huge head and neck :) If Axel had chest hair he would be accused of trying to show it off!

Now to return to that very touchy subject of sleep(hence the name of the post). Axel seems to becoming more and more himself over the past couple of days. His temperature has been normal for the past two days and he is definitely crying much less than he has been over the past two weeks. I was at my wits end on Sunday night completely frustrated as he was not only up every 1-2 hours but was competely up from 1-3am straight. I could tell that he was a bit sleep deprived himself because he napped for almost 5 hours on Monday (over 4 naps). The past two nights he has still been getting up every 2 hours, but I only fed him at 11pm and 3am. He went to bed at 7:30 and slept straight until 11pm without waking (too bad we were all watching a movie). He then slept until 1am where I gave him his Binky and he went back to sleep until 3am. After feeding him he then slept soundly until 5am. He fussed until 5:45am when I finally decided to pick him up and bring him into bed with us, but overall it was a huge success. I was able to get him to wait until 8am before eating. This is huge because Axel REALLY likes to eat every 2 hours, but mommy REALLY wants him to eat every 3-4 hours. All in all it is getting better and he is doing a better job of eating 5 oz at a time during the day instead of 3-4oz that he had been eating. I think he is down to 7-8 feedings a day which is wonderful for me.

I am praying that Axel will be in a steady routine by the time I return to work in 3 weeks. It is hard for me to believe that I have to return to work. It kind of seems like time has stood still and I am living in a a world between worlds where work is a foreign word that only describes what other humans do to fill their day. Here is a picture where Keith and Axel's expressions sum up my thoughts exactly......granted they are both looking worked from the heat :)

On another note, Axel's hair looks like it is finally starting to come in. I even saw hair toe on him for the first time the other day. Who knew that infants have toe hair? You can kind of see his blonde fuss in the picture below.

Oh, I do want to mention that in retrospect I decided that Axel must have had a virus of some sort over the past two weeks which caused his low grade fever and loose stools. I am still going to ask the Dr. about the teething thing and see what she thinks. For now we will sign out until next week. Hope you all have a great end of the week and weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment