Here is Axel taking a nap with Louis and Touis as well as on his tummy. I know that I shouldn't let him sleep on his stomach, but I didn't think it would harm him while I am keeping an eye on him so he has officially taken 3 naps on his belly by himself while I am cleaning or cooking :)
Friday I worked hard at getting the car packed and helping Keith get ready for his race on Saturday. I had decided it would be a good weekend to go to Gamma Susan's house since Keith would be gone most of the day on Saturday and had planned to ride on Sunday as well. Unfortunately, just as Keith was going to bed Friday night, Touis went into a sneezing fit that turned into foaming at the mouth and blood oozing from his nose. Yep, another fox tail. Keith took Touis to the vet and they told him it was going to be a two hour wait so Keith and Touis came home for the night. Let's just say no one in the house except Axel got much sleep so when 4:30am rolled around and Axel was requesting a feeding I decided to fed him and then take off to Sacramento. You could probably guess that Keith wasn't planning on racing and took Touis back to the vet in the morning to have the fox tail removed.
Axel and I arrived at Gamma's house just around 7am. Gamma was so excited that we were early and ready to spend the weekend with her. Gamma organized a little brunch with Auntie Shannon, her boyfriend Ryan and Grandpa Brian. We had a lovely morning together. Auntie Shannon and Ryan left at 1pm to get ready for their camping trip and the 4 of us hung out together. I took advantage of all the photo opportunities since I hadn't been doing as good of a job with the picture taking the week before. Here you can see Grandpa feeding Axel and Axel with his Grandparents.
I also wanted to point out how much Axel has grown and how much older he looks. You can see in this picture of Axel sleeping on Gamma how much longer and thicker he is if you compare it to the picture in his one month posting of Axel sleeping on Gamma.
On Sunday I rode to great grandma Goldstein's house and Gamma Susan and Axel drove there. I was really happy that the Goldstein's were able to meet Axel. G-Grandpa was really sick for awhile, but is doing much better now. You can see in the photo how skinny he is, but we are not suppose to talk about that :) We all had a good time, but had to leave after a couple of hours because of our busy schedule for the day.
Gamma, Axel and I went on our usual walks together. I have been putting Axel in the carrier facing outward for a couple of weeks now that his neck control is better. You can see in this picture how much Axel loves being outside and going for walks. He still falls asleep if the walk is over 30 minutes, but if I walk slow enough and for under 30 minutes he enjoys looking at the beautiful sky and trees.
Axel continues to improve in his strength and acheived a few major milestones this week. He is now able to sit in his chair unsupported as well as lift up his head, pushing up with his arms while he is on his tummy. I have a video of the second day he was attempting to push up. I will try to download it. It is amazing how much more he can push up after practicing for just a few days. Axel also continues to love to stand and he is using his hands more and more. He likes to not only just look at his furry friends, but also manipulate them with his hands and even put them in his mouth. I also think that I can feel the beginning of his bottom center tooth starting to break through his gums so I am guessing the little guy will have his first tooth within a couple of weeks!
Now with all of these wonderful milestones and cute pictures comes more tears. For some reason Axel seems more fussy and cries/screams when he wakes up. He hasn't screamed or cried at night for almost 2 months now so it is a big surprise to hear him belt it out for a minute or two at one in the morning. He also tends to cry a bit more during the day when he wants something. In the past he would make a little noise or let me know with a facial gesture or two, now he just cries or screams for a minute or two until I figure out that he is hungry or bored with his current activity. I am hoping that this is just a phase and that he will go back to the more "mature, adult-like" communication :)
I may be able to post again soon because Keith is home for a week due to a shut down at work. There should be lots of fun times with daddy!
Thanks for reading!
He's getting so big! What a cutie :-)
ReplyDeleteAs for the random crying - maybe he's going through a growth spurt? Or maybe he really is getting his bottom teeth in. For some reason, teething pains seem to be the worst at night - less distractions from the pain like there are during the day.