With Keith home, I was able to ride almost every morning, which I absolutely love. For those of you who don't know I am a morning person and am most brilliant in the a.m. before my brain and body become mush in the afternoon :) Axel seems to take after mom and be quite the morning person himself so Keith was able to have much better quality time with Axel since he is most interactive in the a.m. It is so cute how Axel looks for daddy now and follows him around. It really helped make today, Father's Day, even more special for Keith, now that Axel and him have a better bond.
Yesterday, the physical therapy department had it's annual picnic in Morgan Hill. Keith and I arranged the entire week so that we could go and he could potentially take the day off the bike. He did his big 100 mile, 10,000 feet of climbing ride on Friday so that I could ride in the a.m. before the picnic but because I came down with a cold we ended up spending the morning working and playing in the yard/garden. We enjoyed yummy chicken and salads at the picnic and played catch together for the first time. Keith played baseball and I played softball for years, but because of our love affair with the bike we have never even thought about playing catch before. My good friend June watched Axel during those 10 short minutes. It was also really nice seeing my work friends and catching up on the past couple of months while watching all of their children run around.
This week Axel and I had our first Costco adventure. I am excited to say we successfully managed to lift everything into the shopping cart without any major injuries. Axel slept the entire time and didn't feel his legs gently tap the grocery cart a couple of times. Good thing he hadn't napped all day so the hour an a half round trip time was the perfect nap length for him. He only cried as I lifted him from his car seat to the carrier because he didn't want to wake up just yet! Good thing for mommy!
Axel continues to get stronger and become more and more of a little person every day. I have a couple of new pictures of him sitting in his Bumbo chair and him enjoying looking at himself in the mirror.
Now in regards to Father's Day......
It is actually kind of funny because Father's Day should be all about Keith and unfortunately Keith has been helping out me more than ever because I came down with a cold Friday night. Gamma Susan woke up with a cold last Saturday which I caught because of the huge sleep deficit I was in due to Touis' fox tail incident. Luckily, Axel is still not sick, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that he stays healthy.
Keith stepped up and took over night duty for the entire night last night!!!

Axel slept in his pack n play and Keith slept on the couch while I slept in the bedroom. It was extremely nice of Keith to do this but because I refused to take any medicine I couldn't fall asleep. After finally falling asleep for 2.5 hours Axel woke both Keith and I up with a loud couple of yells as he was dreaming. I tried to go back to sleep but after lying awake another 45 minutes worrying about my milk supply I finally decided to pump at 3 a.m. I did manage to fall asleep after pumping but again woke at 6:15. So much for resting and getting a full nights sleep, but somehow I do feel like I managed to get more rest than I normally do although I was almost up more than I normally am. Keith then refused to let me make him breakfast so I was treated to a yummy eggs and potato breakfast while I made yummy lattes. You can see below Keith had some fun getting Axel to do a man's pose this morning because Axel and him had their first father/son night watching a movie together without mommy.

Keith is now enjoying his Father's Day bike ride while Axel and I play and await for his return home. The little guy is sleeping now so I might try to get a few minutes of sleep myself before daddy gets home.
Happy Father's Day everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment