Last Saturday Phoenix went to one of her buddies birthdays. Kyla invited Adella and Phoenix from her classroom and 2 other friends from her previous 3's class the year before. She had a ton of family members over as well so it made for a big and fun gathering.
The girls are into pony's and unicorns so Kyla had a unicorn pony to ride. She also had a petting zoo. The kids had a lot of fun riding the 2 ponies. They said hello to the other animals, but didn't enjoy them as much as the little kids who were there.On Sunday, Daddy headed out for a ride while Phoenix, Braylin, Auntie and I headed to Disney on Ice. Camryn watched the boys. Rubix of course, wanted to ride his bike so we took the opportunity to grab a few pictures while we waited for Auntie and Braylin to arrive.
Here are the two princesses waiting in line.
I have to say the show was pretty spectacular. The girls loved it and Shannon and I enjoyed it just a much. Phoenix kept asking about Elsa. Well.....
they saved the best for last as Elsa and Ana ended the show with a bang. I would definitely take Phoenix to see Disney on Ice again. It was well worth the time and money.
Rubix has had a horrible diaper rash for weeks and weeks. We have been trying to keep him as dry as possible, but it is very difficult with daycare and how busy we are. About 3 weeks ago I started giving him about 2 hours a day without a diaper. He absolutely hates to get dressed after his bath so instead of fighting with him I decided it was a perfect opportunity to let his skin get some healing. Daddy thought, well lets just do no diapers all together. I wasn't really on board, but I wasn't going to say no to having Daddy be apart of potty training either. Well, last weekend Rubix only wore a diaper for his naps and at night. By the end of the weekend he had successfully used the potty for poop and pee several times. I didn't want to slow down the momentum so I asked day care if they were on board. Well, lets just say, it didn't go very well on Monday and Tuesday at daycare so I decided to just have Rubix try at home. Every night this week after getting home he successfully used the potty 3 to 5 times with 0 accidents, where at daycare he didn't make it to the potty all day. What is the difference? Well, at home we let him bring Mr. Froggy, the potty with him, wherever he wants to go. He seriously carries it around with him so when he has to go, he pops a squat. At Angela's he has to leave his toys and friends to go to the bathroom to use Mr. Froggy. At 23 months, this is a no go. I figured it is better to train him in a way that he learns his body's signals and then progress to having him always run to the bathroom. Besides, he completely understands where his pee and poop should go and can't wait to carry it to the bathroom when he is done. So we are on a slow journey to being diaper free. I do hope that it continues to progress and that maybe in a month's time he is ready to be diaper free most of the time.
I wanted to leave one more clip of our little super star. I apologize for him being naked, but this is right after bath time. Daddy usually gets home from work after bath time and their ritual is to play basketball together for 20 minutes or so. Rubix is trying to master his "jump shot".









Great picutres
ReplyDelete